Chapter 40

SAVANAH

"Savanah don't tell me you are heating last night's shepherd's pie for breakfast," Leo growled from my bedroom.

"It's no Shepard's pie it's goop and a tasty one that you made nearly destroying my kitchen," I said and I could feel Leo rolling his eyes at my statement.

Last night when I came home I found a half-naked Leo in my kitchen with a fire extinguisher in his hands blowing it in my oven.

He put a baking glove inside the oven after taking the pie out and forgot to switch off the oven and you guessed it right it caught fire. But according to him, it was just a small fire.

My glove was in ashes.

"You just didn't compare my cooking with goop," Leo said wrapping his arms around my waist while I serve the breakfast.

"No I didn't I loved it, I already ate a half bowl last night but if you talk about presentation it looks like goop," I said and Leo chuckled placing a kiss on my right shoulder.

"Let's not go to work today."

"You know I can't do that Leo."

"No you can, otherwise if you have forgotten, I am your boss, I bought the hospital, and you can't deny my orders," Leo said placing kisses on my neck.

"We can stay in bed, you in my arms, ahh what a lovely day to spend."

"Well, I have patients to see." I grinned as he huffed air out, his jealous ass.

"What about me?" Leo asked spinning me around so that I was now facing him. We both were ready for the work. "I am seeing you," I said while placing a kiss on his nose.

I was in my scrubs and Leo was in his back trousers and a white shirt with his buttons still open giving me an open view of his tattooed chest.

I moved my finger on his chest tracing the tattoo, it was a big bird precisely it's a Dove around it was a Sun and some branches.

"What does it mean?" I asked still not taking my eyes off it.

"It's for my grandparents, my nonna had a Dove shop back in Italy and my grandfather met her on a sunny day when he was just strolling the street, he started buying Doves from her every day, because he liked her, they fell in love, then got married." Wow, his family is so beautiful.

"They are my superheroes I loved them so much," Leo said with softness in his voice.

I looked at him but he was already looking at me his eyes were so soft telling me something. At that moment I just wanted to scream in his face.

I love you.

It's not that I am afraid of rejection. But I still have to wait, I know Leo is mature if I tell him about my feeling he will not ghost me, we can stay the way we are.

I am not expecting him to say it back though, but I will take some time to confess to him, one day. The feeling is not overwhelming but it does hold a little weight on my chest.

"Where are you lost?" Leo asked pulling me a little closer.

"Nowhere get dressed I am leaving, hoosh," I said while motioning my hand in a getaway motion.

I pushed Leo slightly and went to eat my breakfast but not forgetting to cook eggs and waffles for Leo. Well, he is a particular guy, he won't eat goop for breakfast.

.............

"Ten blade please," I asked to make an incision on the donor's chest for a heart transplant.