Nijuunana

『••✎••』Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.
_________________________________________

Amaris Hiiragizawa's P.O.V.

"Amaris? Is that you mago?" They're old around 60 now yet they look strong.

Obaasan looks at me with fondness in her eyes while oji san smile at me like remembering a good memory.

I nodded with a gentle smile on my lips, last time i met them was when i was five, in remember so little..almost to nothing.

Obaasan hugged me first and then she step aside and let oji san hugged me.

It was that kind of hug that got my heart warm, it feels familiar, jii san is warm.

"Kami has always been so kind" he said when he finally let go of me.

I look at him in confusion my eyebrow furrowing.

He must have notice my confusion cause he chuckle "have your father ever told you any story mago?" He asked kindly.

I blink slowly still confuse "what story jii san?" I asked.

"Lets take this inside you two" obaasan ushered us inside smile almost blindingly in a welcoming way, its kinda cute.

We sitted around a tea table just me and ojii san, baasan excuse herself cause she said she'll make us some tea and snacks.

He stare at me with that fondness again  but this time that i stare back longer i notice the pain and regrets behind it.

Emotions are easy to read when a person allows you to see through him and right now jiisan is an open book.

After a few seconds he shake his head and chuckle "Your father is right, you look like him" he said and immediately i know what he means.

Eriol. He's talking about eriol hiiragizawa.

"Can i tell you his story?" He respectfully asked, its something i didnt see from the li clan.

He ask in a gentle as if he dont want to offend me.

I let out a calm smile and nod "if its not too much to ask jiisan"

He laugh lightly under his breath and nod "even your manners are very much like him" sambit niya habang tumatango.

"A-haì...he's a cousin of mine, long ago he was the one i admire the most i think it never really left me--arigatou tsuma" grandma came back with a tray of tea and some petit four in a plate.

Granda smile and nod "you two eat up the lunch will be ready in an hour" sambit niya habang sinasalinan kami ng tea sa tea cup namin bago umalis.

"You know he was the smartest scholar, everybody in our temple envied him, many admired him and some are scared of me" i listen intently to his story.

"Everything was perfect...not until he went away---no he was gave away like some weapon by shifu to the emperor of another city..." he pause the sips on his tea, i notice the slight tremor of his hand, the way his voice waver.

"A-haí loves challange, he loves new things--strange things even, he was gone for years, i only heard news of him taming the cold emparor and leading soldiers to victory with his untouchable plans" he chuckle...a sad filled chuckle.

"I should have told him to decline if i knew what fate he'll face the moment he came to that town and meet those people who will lead him to misery and pain" he looks at me, looks of regret, eyes glossing as he rake his eyes over my whole face.