One More Chance

Louis fricking Tomlinson has to be trucking kidding me.

The insults, the annoying comments, the mocking was expected. He didn't like me, and I've learned to live with it.

 But daring Harry to make out with Candice in front of me was low. Even for Louis.

He just crossed the line.

I could feel someone else's eyes on me. I didn't need to turn around to know that it was Liam. He was the only one sober enough to understand that this dare was affecting me too. 

Well Alli was too, but I think she left in the middle of the game to go to bed.

My eyes, though, were glued to Harry the whole time. He had on a blank expression and seemed petrified. If it wasn't for his eyes opening and closing really slowly I would have thought he was dead.

But he wasn't. He was as alive as anyone could be.

Though I knew it wasn't his fault I couldn't help but be mad at him. Sure he couldn't control Louis' words but he could control his actions perfectly well.

He should have declined the dare the moment he heard it. He should have been the one looking worriedly at me, not Liam. He should have been the one protecting me.

He was supposed to be my boyfriend.

Liam cleared his throat and said what Harry should have said minutes ago, "I don't think it's a good idea."

"Oh come on Liam. It's just a game," Louis shot back.

"A game that hurts people's feelings," Liam exclaimed.

"It's not like Harry or Candice are gonna remember anything tomorrow."

"Oi, I'm not that drunk," Candice piped in.

Liam ignored her, "Have you forgotten about Elena?"

"She's gonna have to get over it," he shrugged, "As I've said it's just a game."  He said the last part really slowly, like he was speaking to two year olds.

"Louis," he warned.

"Liam," he mocked.

"You're gonna regret it."

"I really won't."

Liam sunk in the couch, with a sigh, and that was the end of the discussion. Louis had won. All of our gazes turned towards Harry, he still seemed spaced out.

Louis leaned forward and tapped him on the shoulder, "Harry, we're waiting mate." That caused Harry to jump up slightly. He looked at Louis with a confused expression.

"What Lou?"

"The dare."

"Oh," he said stupidly.

"Well are you gonna do it?" he raised an eyebrow.

"You mean am I gonna kiss Candice?" he titled his head to the side.

"Damn Harry, the alcohol has messed up your brain," he face palmed himself, "I dared you to make out with Candice."

"Oh," he answered sheepishly.

"Well?" Louis insisted.

"Dude stop pushing him." That was Niall.

"Oi give me a break!" Louis said louder than the necessary, "Can't you see I'm doing him a favor here!"

"Care to enlighten us, then?"

"No offence," he pointed at me, "But look at her. She, honestly, is a pathetic excuse of a girl."