A Thousand New Problems

OMG! Heyy, I'm proud that I updated quickly this time. I was just sad I made the last chapter more of a filler so I decided to update again. there's a lot more....action in this chapter. Thank you all for reading. Love you! can't stress it enough(;

I couldn't seem to find my voice at the moment. Yeah I know how typical, but what would I say? What should I say? 

The only thing I wanted to do was brush my hands through his blonde hair, the natural brown growing back at the roots. But that didn't sound like a good idea no matter how bad I wanted to do it so I restrained myself from movement, leaving me to just stand there speechless. 

"I-umm well I didn't realize you weren't home and it's late so I was just going ter leave and maybe come back when you're awake but you're awake now and you're coming home now and I've been standing here like an idiot- I'm sorry I er- how've ya been?" He took a step closer, but didn't move anymore seeing as I didn't respond. It was clear he had been waiting outside my door contemplating on knocking or not for who knows how long. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have came, but I couldn't help it. I haven't heard-" 

And as if my brain powered back its control over my body, I suddenly embraced Niall in a tight hug, interrupting him. My sudden actions caught him by surprise, causing him to take a step back and hesitate before hugging me back, but when he did I just sank into his familiar arms and rested my small head in the crook of his neck and shoulder. 

We stayed in silence in each other's arms and sometime in between my eyes started to water. I had missed this warm feeling, and the scent he carried with him.

Niall didn't dare loosen his grip until I started too. I had made the move first, after debating in my head for a while, to finally let go. So now instead of hugging each other in silence, we were awkwardly standing closely to one another in silence. When I blinked, the water in my eyes slid down my face and I wiped away the few tears. 

"You look well," he spoke again, keeping his hands in his pockets. He seemed be having a one-sided conversation since I couldn't find it in me to speak. Instead I nodded and rocked back and forth on the balls of my feet. 

I had taken a sudden interest in my feet since I happened to be looking down and noticed the yellow green grass lines on my white converse. I probably got them from running earlier in the field at the playground. 

He didn't say anything, probably giving me time to find my words. I finally looked up at him and into his blue eyes. I always loved blue eyes and his were just mesmerizing. 

"I've missed you." I hiccupped. Of all the things, it was what I happened to blurt out in a soft spoken, yet high pitched voice. Of all the thoughts swimming through my head it was the one my brain had sent to my mouth. 

Niall sighed and sat back down by the door. This time he leaned back and put his full weight to the door, his eyes closed, a hand running through that hair of his. Stupid habit. I bit my lip looking at the mess he had made of his hair. 

My mouth shut again as if I had said the wrong thing and couldn't trust myself to say anything else.

"Lena you have no idea what it's been like with you gone," his voice was hoarse, as if somehow was stuck in his throat. 

"Not exactly rainbows and unicorns over here either." This seemed to lighten the mood when Niall let a humorous smile slip out at my words, his eyes still closed. He had somehow managed to hear my quiet voice. Then I realized I had goose bumps when I gained control over my feet and sat next to him. There was a small gap in between us. I wasn’t sure if he had shifted over while I sat down, or maybe I was the one who created the small space. "How'd you find me?" I looked over at him; he was already looking at me.