10

What Shen Yu said was "cell phone".

It was something he happened to hear from Shen QingRan in his previous life. Apparently it was a communication tool, and everyone in that era owned one. Shen Yu was only testing Shen Yue. He had no idea she'd reveal herself with so little effort.

It saved him a lot of trouble.

"You transmigrated from modern times too?" Shen Yue asked with astonishment.

"Modern times", "transmigration"—it was the same as Shen QingRan!

Shen Yu was delighted. At first he worried he wouldn't find a way to learn more about Shen QingRan's origin, but Shen Yue sent herself to his door. It wasn't much effort at all.

Before asking what he wanted to know, Shen Yu began with a few questions to stabilize her mood. Shen Yue didn't hesitate to tell him everything about the original owner of her body. She didn't care at all about the original owner and openly called her stupid. She had never told anyone about her origin until now.

Shen Yue was shocked to learn there were other transmigrators in this world besides herself. "When did you..."

"Shh—" Shen Yu interrupted, putting a finger to his lips.

Shen Yue hurriedly covered her mouth. When she saw there were no other people around, she relaxed a little, leaned closer to Shen Yu, and said eagerly, "Since we're from the same place, we should be on the same side. Get me out of here fast. I don't want to stay in this hellhole another moment. It's scarier than an imperial edict prison."

Imperial edict prison.

A new term. Shen Yu's eyes narrowed, but he could roughly guess its meaning from Shen Yue's behavior.

Shen Yu didn't have much time. He calmly continued the conversation. "How did you get here?"

"I don't know. I was on my lunch break in the workshop. When I opened my eyes, I was here." Shen Yue had only one thing on her mind, leaving this hellish place quickly. She didn't bother thinking about the deeper meaning of Shen Yu's words.

Shen Yu asked a few more questions, and she answered all of them. He soon understood what kind of era Shen Yue came from.

He established several points. First, transmigration was not under human control, and the reasons for transmigration were currently unknown. Second, Shen Yue, Shen QingRan, and other transmigrators came from an era that must be thousands of years in the future, where every person was equal and there was no royal family. Technology was far more advanced than in Da Huan.

Beyond that, Shen Yue didn't say much, and Shen Yu couldn't ask for too many details in case he made her suspicious.

Shen Yu was extremely interested in the technology of later generations. Unfortunately, Shen Yue's knowledge was only superficial, and he had to give up.

Footsteps came from behind him. Shen Yu understood this was a reminder that time was up.

"Done talking?"

A low voice spoke from behind him. Shen Yu turned back. Sure enough, Shang JunLin, dressed in black, emerged from the darkness.

When she heard Shang JunLin's voice, Shen Yue shivered. The original owner was a palace maid, and Shen Yue had been taken to witness the massacre. How could someone who grew up in a peaceful era and never even killed a chicken endure such a bloody scene?

For the first time, Shen Yue had a profound understanding of the ancient times she now lived in and how cruel life was in this era. For some ancient people, killing was as easy as eating or drinking water.