13

Thanks very much to Anonymous Reader and G. for the ko-fi ♥ ٩(◕‿◕)۶

---

"Go on, Your Majesty." Shen Yu didn't let up.

"Noble monarch, worry about your own affairs." Shang JunLin's tone was a little unpleasant. "Things you should not meddle in..."

"I see." As if overflowing with obedience, Shen Yu ended the topic.

The atmosphere suddenly quieted down. Shang JunLin didn't know why Shen Yu didn't continue, or why something he'd obviously asked for made him feel even worse.

In winter, the grounds of the imperial palace never looked bare or grim but possessed their own distinctive splendor. Cold-resistant flowers as well as plants sent from the south grew freely, and not far away were beautiful red plum blossoms in full bloom. Thanks to the colorful decoration, winter in the palace had a unique beauty.

The two walked forward in silence. Shen Yu's eyes were full of the scenery around him. He was usually forced to stay indoors during the winter because of his health. After the slightest exposure to wind, he would need to stay in bed for ten days to half a month. If not for Imperial Physician Gu looking after his health this winter, Shen Yu wouldn't be able to walk outside without any worries like today.

A light snow had fallen the previous night, and the places without footprints were covered with a perfect, thin layer of white. Shen Yu looked around as he walked, not noticing that the man beside him was looking at him.

"This emperor doesn't speak because I am the emperor. This emperor doesn't need to explain my actions to others."

When the indifferent voice spoke, Shen Yu paused his footsteps. He realized His Majesty seemed to be answering his question from before.

Shen Yu turned sideways to look at Shang JunLin. "But if Your Majesty doesn't speak, they might speculate and misunderstand Your Majesty's real intentions."

"The noble monarch seems very concerned about this emperor's reputation." Shang JunLin spoke as though stating a fact.

"I'm one with Your Majesty now. Your Majesty is my husband. Isn't it normal to care about my husband's reputation?"

"Is that really what you're thinking?" Uncertain, Shang JunLin gave him a searching look.

Shen Yu was afraid of the cold. Whenever he went out he had to wear heavy layers, but even if dressed warmly he didn't look bloated, and it couldn't obscure his transparent temperament. The young man's eyes were clear and his face was open, as if he sincerely meant what he said.

"Does Your Majesty think I mean something else?" Shen Yu tilted his head. "Well... In fact, I hope Your Majesty understands that I don't like what those people said, but I don't really want them to die."

Shen Yu's eyes darkened. In his previous life, the King of Yue and the others relied on conspiracy and intrigue to seize what they wanted. To be honest, Shen Yu didn't care who'd eventually end up with the throne, but as long as he was alive, the King of Yue would never get what he wanted.

After a long time outside, Shen Yu's face was red with cold. Shang JunLin reached out and lightly touched his face. "This emperor feels your heart."

Shen Yu: ? ? ?

Wait, how can you feel my heart?

"The noble monarch need not feel embarrassed. This emperor already knows how you feel about me..." Realizing this information was secretly gathered by the Hidden Dragon Guard, Shang JunLin quickly changed the subject. "This emperor will comply with the noble monarch's request."