26

The force on Shen Yu's chin continued to increase. He curved his lips. "Is Your Majesty angry?"

Shang JunLin's eyes narrowed slightly. "This emperor is just reminding the noble monarch. Don't forget your identity."

"Then..." Shen Yu trailed off. "Your Majesty, tell me what my identity is."

"The noble monarch shouldn't ask things you already know."

"I was only speaking casually. How did Your Majesty hear about it?" Shen Yu rolled his eyes. "Does Your Majesty really care about me that much?"

"It has always been impossible to hide secrets in the imperial palace. This emperor can't say how many ears were listening to your conversation with the King of Yue." Shang JunLin was stating facts.

"Then it's no wonder the King of Li threatened me with that." As Shen Yu thought about it he put his hand on the back of Shang JunLin's. "If Your Majesty wants to know about my experience outside the palace, you can ask me directly. There's no need to hear it from others."

Shang JunLin's eyes deepened. "Then the noble monarch might as well tell this emperor how many good young masters you have outside the palace, hmm?"

With that, the conversation returned to the original topic.

"Does Your Majesty believe what I said to fool the King of Yue? Other than Your Majesty, I haven't had any good young masters. Isn't Your Majesty clear about that?" Shen Yu knew Shang JunLin must have investigated what happened before he entered the palace.

Shang JunLin didn't deny it. "What the noble monarch says is correct." He loosened the hand holding Shen Yu's chin and frowned. "How can you be so delicate?"

Shang JunLin deliberately used a light amount of strength, but unexpectedly, he still left a red mark on Shen Yu's chin.

"Meng Chang, bring the medicine."

"Yes." Meng Gonggong quickly brought in the medicine for removing bruises.

Shen Yu rubbed his chin, but he didn't feel anything. "Your Majesty, don't worry about it. It will fade on its own in a while."

Shang JunLin didn't listen. He opened the medicine bottle. One hand held Shen Yu's jaw, while the fingers of the other hand dipped into the ointment and carefully applied it to the red marks.

There was a cool sensation on his chin. The man's fingertips rubbed the ointment little by little, and the coolness gradually turned into heat.

Shen Yu was caught between Shang JunLin and the wall. The bitter cold aura and the heat coming from the man's body were constantly dueling each other, making his head swim.

Shen Yu closed his eyes a little, and his confused thoughts gradually calmed down.

"All right."

Just before his consciousness slipped into the abyss, he heard the man's voice. Shen Yu opened his eyes and found he was now even closer to Shang JunLin.

The two were only an arm's length apart, so close he could clearly see Shang JunLin's long, upturned eyelashes. Their breathing alternated, and Shen Yu's ears became hot.

"The noble monarch has a mole here," Shang JunLin said in a low voice.

Below his earlobe, there was a very light mole. Shang JunLin couldn't resist stroking it with his fingers.

Shen Yu tilted his head uneasily, wanting to avoid Shang JunLin's hand. At the same time he reached up to touch the side of his ear.

He never knew the place he had that mole was so sensitive. Shang JunLin had barely touched him, but it was like hitting a switch. He was trembling slightly.