49

After buying the books, Shen Yu said goodbye to Jiang HuaiQing and Hè ChengYu.

Jiang HuaiQing still felt embarrassed by what happened before. He didn't say much to keep them, but made an appointment to meet them again later in the suburbs of the capital. The two sides parted.

When they returned, Shang JunLin placed the books neatly on the desk. After overcoming a moment of embarrassment, Shen Yu felt curious about the stories.

He picked up one at random, sat down on the soft couch, and opened it.

"Let's see what Your Majesty hopes to learn from these stories."

Shang JunLin also took a book and sat beside Shen Yu. "Obviously, it's to learn how the emperor in these stories succeeds in inviting the noble monarch to share his bed night after night."

"Ahem." Shen Yu choked a little. Indeed, the books were full of outrageous speculation. The romantic lives of the noble monarch and the emperor could be described as "rich and colorful". Shen Yu suspected the reason these stories sold so well had a lot to do with all of this "color".

Shang JunLin patted Shen Yu on the back. "Careful, noble monarch."

Shen Yu couldn't sit still any longer. He grabbed the book from Shang JunLin and set it aside. "Your Majesty already knows everything in these books is fake."

Dangerous ideas are not allowed!

The room was warm. Shen Yu felt an itch on his neck and reached up to scratch it.

Shang JunLin suddenly grabbed Shen Yu's hand. His eyes darkened.

"What's the matter?"

"It's bleeding."

The place Shang JunLin had bitten was lower on his neck. When Shen Yu moved, his collar slipped down slightly, revealing a mottled area of skin.

Now that some time had passed, the redness had grown more and more appalling. Several obvious wounds were visible and blood was seeping out.

Shang JunLin took Shen Yu's hand, extended his other hand to Shen Yu's neck and touched him gently. "Does it hurt?"

Shen Yu pretended to be angry and gave him a look. "See what Your Majesty did."

Shang JunLin took the initiative to admit his mistake. "It's this emperor's fault."

When he saw Shen Yu surrounded by those young men, smiling and talking to them casually, Shang JunLin couldn't help feeling a burst of hostility. He wanted Shen Yu to smile only at him. He wanted to be the cause of everything Shen Yu felt....

All his planning and command fell to pieces in front of Shen Yu, and the self-control he was so proud of collapsed with a single blow.

"Your Majesty doesn't have to apologize." Shen Yu saw Shang JunLin's slightly irritated expression. "Your Majesty, please help me with the medicine."

The medicine was already prepared. Shang JunLin took the ointment Shen Yu frequently used and applied it to the injury a little at a time.

The cool ointment quickly soothed away the discomfort.

In fact, the injury on his neck only looked frightening. It didn't hurt much. After the medicine was applied, Shen Yu hardly felt it.

After they spent all day enjoying themselves, the palace sent a new batch of official reports. Shang JunLin was busy with his work. Shen Yu didn't want to disturb him and left the room.

Meng Gonggong remained inside the room. Shen Yu called Mu Xi.

"How did it go?"

"Don't worry, young master. It's done." Mu Xi had been instructed to contact the estate and relay Shen Yu's orders to the people there. She also made arrangements for a visit to the manor.