70

The man's breath got closer and closer. Shen Yu didn't evade, but looked at him steadily.

Shang JunLin let out a low laugh and kissed Shen Yu's lips. The laughter vanished when their lips met.

The initial gentleness gradually increased in urgency. Shen Yu's breathing became unsteady and he was supported by those powerful arms.

His eyes closed, and his long eyelashes fluttered restlessly, like a butterfly swaying in the wind of a storm.

After the kiss, the man's breath remained on his lips. Dazed, Shen Yu opened his eyes and met the man's gaze close up.

Staring straight into those deep, dark eyes.

The warmth of the touch moved upward, and the corners of his lips, cheeks, and eyelids were carefully attended to. The man's crisp, cool aura hovered over him for a long time.

When he was finally released, Shen Yu's eyes were misted over and wet.

Shang JunLin looked at him for a while and said in a low voice, "This emperor will carry you to the couch."

After that, without waiting for Shen Yu to respond, he picked him up face-to-face.

Shen Yu was caught off-guard, and his feet were already in the air. Shen Yu put his arms around the man's neck. His thoughts were pulled away from his memories.

"Your Majesty..."

"This time this emperor will tell you in advance." There was a satisfied smile in Shang JunLin's voice.

Shen Yu paused for a moment before he realized Shang JunLin was referring to what he'd said before, that Shang JunLin should "tell him before he did anything". It turned out that Shang JunLin had kept these words firmly in his mind.

Shen Yu lowered his eyes. Because of his posture, his head was a little higher than Shang JunLin's. As he looked down at the man from above, a wave of unknown, indescribable emotions flooded his heart.

Effervescent and tingling, a little sour and a little sweet.

He didn't hate this feeling and let it spread from the depths of his heart until it lightly washed over his entire being.

Shang JunLin didn't put him down but carried him to the couch and sat with Shen Yu in his arms.

"Sometimes this emperor wonders if Ah Yu was sent to me by heaven." Shang JunLin buried his head in Shen Yu's neck. His voice was almost inaudible. "When the seas are calm and the rivers are clear throughout Da Huan, will heaven take Ah Yu away?"

When he heard Shang JunLin say this, Shen Yu was pulled back from his reverie. "What is Your Majesty thinking?" He couldn't help feeling amused. "I'm a living person, and I don't even like my own father. Where else can I go if I don't stay by Your Majesty's side?"

Shang JunLin tightened his arms and said in a low voice, "Ah Yu can't leave this emperor. No one can take you away from me."

Shen Yu touched the top of the man's head. "That won't happen. I have a good life with Your Majesty. If I leave Your Majesty, how could I live as freely as I do now?"

When Shen Yu finished saying this, he recalled that in both his lifetimes, the most comfortable days he'd ever spent were the ones since he'd entered the palace. Shang JunLin thought of him in everything. There was no one else in the harem but him, and the palace rules were little more than decorative where he was concerned....

Without his really noticing it, he'd received incredibly preferential treatment.

As he thought of his, Shen Yu's eyes gradually softened. Shang JunLin was Shang JunLin, the emperor of Da Huan. He wasn't the King of Yue or anyone else.