31

The fireworks lasted less than an hour.

Shen Yu and Shang JunLin ignored the trembling Minister Qian and enjoyed the event which only came once a year.

There were countless people downstairs, but upstairs was peaceful and quiet. Shen Yu and Shang JunLin occasionally whispered a few words to each other. No one else dared to make a sound.

Minister Qian wanted to plead for his family, but as time stretched on, he was less and less eager to disturb the emperor and noble monarch as they enjoyed themselves. He hoped His Majesty would be in a good mood and take a lighter view of Qian MingFu's behavior.

Qian MingFu woke up to a loud boom. At the moment, he didn't dare to be arrogant. He huddled on the floor like a quail.

After the fireworks ended, the imperial guard arrived.

The Qian family members and their people were taken away. It was impossible to decide how to deal with them without investigating what they'd done over the years.

It was already late, and Shen Yu wasn't interested in shopping anymore. He returned to the palace with Shang JunLin.

After taking a hot bath, Shen Yu came out with damp hair.

Shang JunLin was reading a memorial. Shen Yu came over to him and said, "It's so late. Is Your Majesty still busy with official business?"

After spending a lot of time with Shang JunLin, Shen Yu knew how diligent he was as emperor. Shang JunLin spent a lot of time dealing with official reports every day. Especially with all the recent events, he didn't have much leisure time.

Shen Yu's half-dried hair was still hazy with moisture. Shang JunLin frowned and put down the memorial. "Why didn't you dry your hair?"

After speaking, he picked up the dry towel that was ready and began to wipe Shen Yu's hair.

"The noble monarch should cherish your body."

Shen Yu squinted and sat in front of Shang JunLin, allowing the man to gently dry his hair.

His long, black hair was smooth and slipped between Shang JunLin's fingers with a silken feeling.

Just after his bath, the young man's body had a slight fragrance. They were so close to each other that Shang JunLin could feel the warmth of Shen Yu's body.

His fingertips rubbed Shen Yu's scalp, creating a slight tingling sensation. Shen Yu moved his neck. He never knew that touching someone's scalp could cause this kind of feeling. The tingling meandered down from his scalp to his heart.

Shen Yu was sitting in front of the man, almost embraced in his arms. Shang JunLin's cold aura seemed to pounce at him with every movement until he was completely surrounded.

"What is it?" Shang JunLin stopped moving his hands. "Does it hurt?"

Shen Yu suppressed the strange feeling inside him. "No, Your Majesty's strength is just right."

Shang JunLin resumed. He'd wiped Shen Yu's head a little hastily. He had so much hair that some of it was still wet, and Shang JunLin rubbed it a bit more.

Shen Yu stared at the candle in front of him. He felt restless and thought he should find something to talk about.

His eyes swept over the memorials that were open on the desk. He glanced at the contents and asked, "Is that from Lin County?"

"Yes, this emperor took the gift from the noble monarch and gave it to some experts to study. Lin County has major floods every year and should be able to use it."