51

The man came out of nowhere. After inspiring panic in the crowd, he disappeared.

Shen Yu paused for a moment, but he could barely suppress the palpitations in his chest. He stepped back from Shang JunLin's arms.

"Your face isn't good. Let's go back," Shang JunLin said with distress, looking at Shen Yu's pale face.

Shen Yu had been carefully nurtured in the palace. He hadn't looked so unwell in a long time. The only other time Shang JunLin remembered was the night Shen Yu entered Yuzhang Palace, when he fainted.

Shen Yu leaned against Shang JunLin. His brows were knitted tightly. "Your Majesty, I don't feel well."

Before saying anything else, Shang JunLin bundled Shen Yu into his arms and carried him. "We'll head back."

Shen Yu nestled against Shang JunLin's body and didn't speak. He had an indistinct feeling that he couldn't breathe, and he gradually realized there might really be something physically wrong with him.

Shang JunLin moved quickly, carrying Shen Yu all the way to the carriage. When they were about to leave, Imperial Physician Gu emerged from the crowd.

Meng Gonggong had sharp eyes and pulled Imperial Physician Gu over. "Your Majesty, Imperial Physician Gu is here."

Imperial Physician Gu was accompanied by a young man. but Shen Yu couldn't pay any attention to anything else. His vision was dark and his heart felt like it was being squeezed by a hand.

He hadn't been this ill for a long time. Shen Yu had almost forgotten how it felt.

Shang JunLin sat down with Shen Yu in his arms. Imperial Physician Gu didn't dare to delay. He immediately came forward to check Shen Yu's pulse.

After a long time, Imperial Physician Gu released his hand and frowned. "Someone triggered the noble monarch's illness."

Shang JunLin's eyes were cold and deep. He remembered that the night Shen Yu entered Yuzhang Palace he'd fainted for the same reason.

Afterwards, Shang JunLin thoroughly checked everything in Yuzhang Palace. He thought there would be no more similar incidents. It now seemed that he was too lenient.

Imperial Physician Gu quickly wrote out a prescription. "Your Majesty shouldn't worry too much. The noble monarch has been in good health recently. There won't be serious harm. This official brought some medicine with me, but a few more items are needed. Your Majesty should send someone to fetch them quickly."

Shang JunLin ordered the Hidden Dragon Guard to bring the medicine.

Under the orders of Imperial Physician Gu, the palace servants set up a tent where they could take shelter from the wind. Shang JunLin walked inside with Shen Yu in his arms, and Imperial Physician Gu followed closely behind.

The young man who was following Imperial Physician Gu wanted to enter the tent with him, but Meng Gonggong stopped him. "Young master..."

"That's my didi. He might be able to assist me. Meng Gonggong shouldn't worry," Imperial Physician Gu explained.

Only then did Meng Gonggong allow the person to enter.

Shen Yu could vaguely sense things happening around him, as well as the worry and fear of Shang JunLin. He wanted to tell His Majesty that he was fine and not to worry, but when he opened his mouth, not a syllable came out.

"Don't worry, it will be fine." Shang JunLin brushed a lock of hair back from Shen Yu's face, but he didn't know if he was reassuring Shen Yu or himself.