69

Shen Yu shook his head to free himself from the man's hands. "Then Your Majesty knows what I was thinking?"

"Ah Yu is reluctant... every time." Shang JunLin lifted his eyes and looked at him. "Even when Ah Yu enjoys it, you still don't want to help this emperor."

"That's not it." Shen Yu's face flushed scarlet. "Whose fault is it that Your Majesty refuses to stop."

"If the doctor hadn't said that Ah Yu still needs to recuperate, it would be time for you to carry out your duties." A low cluster of flames sprang up in Shang JunLin's eyes. He reached out to caress Shen Yu's neck. "Doesn't Ah Yu think so?"

"Your Majesty should follow the doctor's advice." Without any scruples whatsoever, Shen Yu used the imperial physician's words as a shield. "And restrain yourself a bit more."

"This emperor has been extremely restrained," Shang JunLin said. His eyes were deep and quiet. "Does Ah Yu think this emperor would let you off so easily otherwise?"

Because of Shen Yu's health, the two of them hadn't hadn't really gotten to that point. Occasionally they used their hands or legs.

Shen Yu didn't want to continue this dangerous topic and switched to something else. "Your Majesty, recently I made a new thing on the estate. I'd like to give it to Your Majesty."

"What is it?" Seeing that Shen Yu wanted to change the topic, Shang JunLin didn't resist, but he also didn't stop moving his hands.

Shen Yu's neck was highly sensitive, especially near a certain small mole. Shang JunLin was extremely fond of this spot. It was his favorite place to nibble when they were intimate.

"Your Majesty, let go of me first." A tingling sensation spread from the side of his neck. Shen Yu reached up and pressed the man's hand.

Shang JunLin willingly went along with the request and stopped, but he refused to move away. The man's body temperature radiated against Shen Yu's skin. He could only sit up straighter.

"Since Your Majesty refuses to let go, you'll have to get it yourself. It's in the cabinet on the left." Shen Yu pointed to Shang JunLin's side.

Following Shen Yu's directions, Shang JunLin opened the compartment and took out a small wooden box devoid of decoration.

"This?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. Open it and see."

Shang JunLin opened the box with one hand. When he saw what was inside, he had no choice but to let go of Shen Yu to open the letter.

At first, Shang JunLin's attitude was a little casual. He was always more relaxed when he was with Shen Yu. But after a moment or two, Shang JunLin's expression gradually became serious.

After reading the letter, Shang JunLin folded it up, reached out his hand, and scooped Shen Yu into his arms. With his lips against Shen Yu's ear, he said, "Is this also something Ah Yu learned from a miscellaneous book?"

The letter contained a description of something called "cement". In addition to the steps to create it, there were detailed notes on how to use it. Shang JunLin was a well-qualified leader. The moment he saw it, he immediately saw the importance of "cement".

This material could be enormously useful to the country and its people.

"It's fine for Your Majesty to think so." Shen Yu didn't want to deceive him, but he also didn't want to tell the truth. He could only answer vaguely. "Another name for it is concrete."

Shang JunLin gently bit Shen Yu's earlobe. "Ah Yu constantly surprises this emperor."

He could tell that Shen Yu didn't want to say more, and he wasn't going to force the issue. Shen Yu was willing to give this to him, and that was enough to show his weight in Shen Yu's heart. Otherwise, Shen Yu could have just not said anything and avoided his doubts altogether.