Chapter Six: S.O.'s S.O.S.

Sunday

On a chilly Sunday afternoon, birds chirped and flocked across Arcadia Bay as the sun slowly began to set over Oregon. The students of Blackwell Academy still maintained that same liveliness where students were habitually bullied, mocked and mugged one another; there were those who shared and posted things on social media while staff were out about, patrolling campus grounds. 

Inside Room 231, (Y/n) had been so hyperactive for that afternoon's plan. His roommate had been asleep for most of the morning, studying for a majority of the day and then resting for the rest of the afternoon. He had been so determined to get his work done that he didn't get any free time to play dodgeball or hang out with his friends. 

The brown-haired boy had managed to cease his pacing and hastily prepared to leave to spend time with Kate Marsh. (Y/n) was filled with much adrenaline as he gathered his necessary belongings by making much noise whilst doing so. When Esteban heard his roommate making a racket, he groaned and covered his head with his pillow in hopes of drowning out the noise, even though regaining peaceful slumber was impossible. 

"Can you be any louder?!" Esteban barked. 

(Y/n) perked up and noticed his Mexican roommate wide awake and no longer capable of falling asleep due to the racket he made. 

"Oh. Sorry dude." 

"Why are you making a racket? I'm trying to sleep here!" 

"Sorry, Esteban. I'm just so excited to go and see Kate. We're going out for another date - at the lighthouse. I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend." 

Removing the pillow from his head, Esteban replaced it back underneath his head and turned his head so that he was looking over at (Y/n) while he dressed fashionably for his date with Kate. 

"So, you and Kate huh?" Esteban teased. "I'm glad to see her smiling again. She hasn't been this happy since before the video." 

"Me too, man." 

"Just stick by her and she'll be alright. I just got a bad feeling one wrong move and she'll end up killing herself after all the shit she's been through." 

"I will. She means the world to me. If I lose her, then I lose myself. When are you getting yourself a girl? You always look so sad and lonely. Maybe if you head around to the Two Whales Diner, you might find yourself a date to pick up for the Halloween party on Tuesday." 

Esteban looked at him sceptically with more doubt because of (Y/n)'s stupid grin. 

"Hell, there are truckers already dressed up for Halloween. I'm sure one of 'em would wanna go with you!" (Y/n) guffawed. 

"Fuck you." Esteban cursed and threw his pillow at (Y/n). 

"See you dude." 

"See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya." 

(Y/n) took his leave from the room where he was met by loud chatter coming from people scattered across the corridors of the dormitory. Those who were about noticed (Y/n) walking towards them and murmured amongst their friends. He ignored them and walked past them as he made his way to the front of the school. People still lingered about as the staff still had their duties with marking grades and such, so access to the whole school was still permitted. 

(Y/n) easily spotted his date standing aimlessly in the courtyard, waiting patiently for her date to arrive. While people were out and about playing sports or riding skateboards, socialising or catching up on their studies, (Y/n) and Kate had themselves organised a second date. When the dirty-haired blonde caught sight of (Y/n) approaching her, she quickly hid her face and wiped her eyes before she gave him her full attention.