Chapter Nine: Where Is My Angel?

(Y/n) had a slightly longer drive back into town for his attendance at Blackwell Academy; to participate in his remaining classes for the day before the party that evening. His arrival back at school grounds really bummed him that he had to put up with more days at school without Kate, but he got to look forward to Saturday. To his surprise, nobody took notice of his absence, seeing as how they were all dressed up for Halloween.

(Y/n) wandered about without care knowing that the staff were too distracted with other things. When he sought out the company of his roommate, (Y/n) had quite a hard time trying to find him knowing how big the school was. It reached the point that (Y/n) felt like giving up on finding Esteban due to the difficulty of finding him when the sound of the school bell ringing to indicate the start of fourth period. Without his belongings, (Y/n) rushed go collect them in his dorm.

Upon arrival to class, (Y/n) was greeted by his English teacher for his next lesson for the day. The nonchalant droll of his teacher's voice unsettled (Y/n) when he appeared in the classroom, sweating from having to sprint across the school to collect his bag. With the usual students in his class, (Y/n) occupied his seat at the back of the class and immediately dropped his head to stare down at his book when he heard a few people whispering things to one another about him.

It started to irk (Y/n) about what people were saying around him. But there would come a point where he would be unable to put up with their nonsense anymore. Unfortunately, it came sooner than he thought. Shortly after the teacher drew his attention away from his students, a boy shifted over into the free seat next to (Y/n) and made himself cosy when he addressed the brown-haired boy like a pesky journalist. 

"Hey, Donohue. Word on the street is that you used to go to some fancy rich college back in Chicago. And some peeps - whose names will remain disclosed - say you were a bit of a popular back there." The boy whispered loudly towards (Y/n) even though they were half a metre apart.

(Y/n) pulled a hardened expression and glared at the boy next to him, practically ordering him to leave with the intensity in his stare.

"Who told you this, Karl?" (Y/n) demanded.

"I'm no rat, Donohue." 

"Was it Victoria? Or Nathan?" 

"But is it true, though? Is it true that you killed some kid?"

Suddenly, something inside (Y/n) snapped.

"Look, I don't know who told you this, or where you heard it, but if you tell anybody - and I mean, anybody - I will snap your goddamn neck. Do you understand me?" (Y/n) growled menacingly.

The boy flinched back in shock of his anger and swiftly returned to his original seat, leaving (Y/n) in peace. Stress was beginning to build up inside (Y/n) the pain and sorrow he once felt had resurfaced and he was terrified that somebody knew. There was a vibration in his pocket when (Y/n) stole a quick glance at his teacher and saw that he wasn't looking his way. Quickly, (Y/n) whipped his phone out of his pocket and checked for messages. 

Unknown
I know what you did, (Y/n)
Don't think you can hide your secrets forever...

Shocked by this, (Y/n) covered his mouth with his hand as fear began to stir within him, causing his stomach to churn. Shoving his phone back in his pocket, (Y/n) looked back at the front of the classroom and held his hands up to his face where tears threatened to fall down his face. Somebody had dirt on him and (Y/n) was going to find out who and make them answer for it. For the rest of the lesson, (Y/n) waited patiently for it to end so that he could confront Victoria. 

There was another buzz in his pocket but (Y/n) was too anxious not to answer as he wasn't quite sure as to who it would be, and he really wasn't in the mood to be frightened. But then again, if it were Kate, he didn't want to keep her worried. Whipping his phone out, (Y/n) stood still and looked down at his phone where brief relief filled him when he read his new messenger.