Chapter Twenty-Nine: Fame For Shame

The moment (Y/n) walked through the front doors of Blackwell Academy, he had not expected for people to instantly throw their gaze towards him. It confused him at first but slowly he picked up on the fact that it could've been one of two reasons: the students heard about the incident at the pancake house, or the media finally found out where he was and the students of Blackwell were keen to ambush (Y/n) with the means of bombarding him with questions and photos.

It was the latter.

As the pair walked down the hall hand in hand, (Y/n) had his head bowed but up enough so he could observe the facial expressions of the people he walked past. The constant reassurance that Kate was there to comfort him numbed his anxiety until they walked into their first class for the day, which was Maths. Barely anybody took notice of who'd arrived except the one person they wished hadn't.

"Fuck. Here comes Victoria." (Y/n) muttered under his breath.

Kate heard what he said and tensed as the short-haired blonde girl approached them. To accompany her friend, Taylor Christensen scurried after the more popular girl and listened in on the conversation that unfolded.

"So, (Y/n), you're a celebrity huh? What are you doing in hiding, huh?" Victoria addressed the brown-haired boy cordially.

"For this reason exactly. I don't like fame." (Y/n) answered nonchalantly. "Is it too much for a modicum of respect that you give me some space? I really don't need this right now, Victoria."

"Aw, c'mon, (Y/n). Don't you want to have a little fun? I mean, like, maybe we could help spruce things up? By the way things are going here at Blackwell, it's so boring. You know, (Y/n)..."

"Victoria, can you please just leave us be?" Kate intervened.

The short-haired blonde girl scowled at the slightly shorter girl and waved her hand up dismissively towards (Y/n)'s girlfriend, much to his disapproval of her attitude towards them, especially him.

"Whatever, Marsh." Victoria snarked. "Just because I apologised for what I did doesn't make us friends. So why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?"

"There's two things I want to say to you, Victoria... one: I don't like you talking to Kate like that. You two may have made amends for the video but this doesn't give you the right to just talk down to her. I don't care if you known I'm famous or not, I will take you down..."

"Whatever."

"And two: it's leave! 'Make like a tree, and leave.' Until you decide to not act like a total ass, then come talk to me. Otherwise, stay away from my girlfriend and I."

Her beady gemstone green eyes stared into (Y/n)'s, making him feel uncomfortable inside as he thought about a potential outburst she appeared incapable of containing. On the surface, (Y/n) remained composed and stood his ground.

"You think you're better than me? Is that it? Do I need to remind you of the fact that everybody has seen your penis? Oh, and by the way... tiny." Victoria sneered, her index and thumb pinched together with a millimetre of space between them.

Kate was quick to restrain her boyfriend from verbally lashing out at Victoria. To their surprise, (Y/n) fought the urge to argue with the blonde girl and refrained from escalating things further when their teacher walked into the classroom right after the bell went off.

"Alright class. Let's all take our seats - the ones you've all permanently allocated yourselves - and open up our textbooks to where we last left off," said the teacher.

The teacher lectured them on the topic for the day. The students wrote in their books, scribbling down exactly what their teacher wanted them to write - to use that information valuably to revise before their examinations. The sounds of pens scribbling on paper and squeaking on the whiteboard was barely applicable in killing out the silence. After the confrontation, Kate was concerned about (Y/n) as she constantly checked on him as they worked in silence.