Chapter Thirty-Six: Family Pt. II

It didn't occur to them at first but (Y/n) had only just realised after recovering from getting scared that there was a warm wet patch on his shirt which caused the fabric to stick to his chest. When the girls caught on, the visibility of his muscles and nipples were so visible that it made their faces go red, more so Kate as she panicked and acted without proper rational thought.

By grabbing a tea towel, Kate scrubbed it on (Y/n)'s chest until she realised hat she was doing was pointless before she headed upstairs to her room to retrieve one of (Y/n)'s spare shirts. As soon as Kate got to her room, she searched the drawer she used to stash (Y/n)'s clothes prior to his moving in to her family home.

After minutes of searching, Kate became disappointed that surprisingly, (Y/n) had no spare shirts to wear. As a result, Kate realised that she had to lend her fiancé one of hers, which were a few sizes too small for him. So she grabbed a plain buttoned white shirt and took it with her downstairs to the kitchen.

"I-I couldn't find you a shirt of your size, so I had to use one of mine." Kate explained as soon as she was in (Y/n)'s and Lynn's company again.

(Y/n) looked at her surprised when she handed him her shirt. He quickly glanced at Lynn who swung around so her back was to them when (Y/n) hastily removed his shirt and replaced it with the new one, only to realise how small and tight it was on him. While it made him look good with his muscles, it certainly didn't feel good.

"It's way too small, baby." (Y/n) commented. "Hang on. Where are all of my shirts?"

"In the washing machine." Kate answered quickly.

"Wait, what about Firewalk? I know that shirt was still fresh."

It quickly occurred to Kate the truth about his favourite rock band shirt. Kate froze upon realising her mistake. His mentioning the shirt brought guilt that was barely justified simply by fear of religiously motivated parental disapproval.

"W-Well, I-I-I, umm..." Kate stammered. "I... it got... thrown... out..."

"What?! Aw man! I really liked that shirt. You know what, maybe it's good you threw it out - I cant imagine what your parents would say if they found out I was bringing this... unmannerful punk rock into their house."

Kate looked up at him with hope in her eyes, practically begging for him to not be mad at her even though he wasn't.

"So you're not upset with me?" Kate questioned in a hush voice.

"What? No. Babe, of course not. I'm not mad at you. I just wish you could've talked to me about this first. Can you do that for me from now on? Whenever there's something important that needs to be done, we talk about it like proper adults, yeah?"

"O-Okay. I can do that. Cuddles?"

"Yeah, cuddles."

(Y/n) hugged his girlfriend but with the physical restriction of the small shirt he wore. He had to let go quickly in fear of ripping her shirt as he knew he didn't want to waste another pair of Kate's shirts. Shortly thereafter, the rest of Kate's family had come downstairs to have breakfast. (Y/n) obliged in cooking pancakes for all of them - they were all still baffled by his initiative to keep them impressed with his ethic.

After cooking his fourth pancake now moving onto his fifth, (Y/n) felt a body push up against his that he immediately recognised was Kate's. The adorable dirty-haired blonde rested her chin comfortably on his shoulder against his neck when (Y/n) noticed something touch and crawl up his back. Very faint sniffing made (Y/n) confused, so when he turned around, he realised Kate was holding Alice up to his face.

(Y/n) smiled and tickled the rabbit's fuzzy cheek, addressing her playfully. "Hello! Come to day hi to daddy? Aww, aren't you just the sweetest thing! Just as cute and innocent just like mummy."