Chapter Thirty-Two: Revelations Resolutions

There was a tense atmosphere when (Y/n) found himself in the company of his parents. He never had any good intentions of reuniting with them as the prolonged periods of distance caused much friction between their relationship. (Y/n) would have even gone to such lengths to lie to his girlfriend if it meant never seeing them again.

Precariously, (Y/n) seated himself at the dinner table opposite his parents with Kate's adjacent to them, also opposite each other, leaving a spare seat to (Y/n)'s left while Kate sat beside her father on (Y/n)'s right. (Y/n)'s parents, Victor and Victoria, found difficulty in attempting to converse with a son who despised them more than one could presume.

Victor went first and addressed his son monotonously. "Son... I, we understand that this can be difficult for you, but your mother and I want you to know that we love you very much and that we have always valued you and your education. Distancing ourselves from you has put a massive strain you cannot possibly understand."

"And with work: filming scenes, reshoots, galas, awards... we have always thought about you and how we have been letting you down, nit being there for you. But it truly does warm our hearts to see the man you've become today." (Y/n)'s mother, Victoria, added.

As they made their apologies, (Y/n) sat there stone-cold and emotionless as his eyes darted between his biological parents. Kate kept a firm grip on his hand underneath the table as she half-listened to the apology (Y/n)'s parents were sharing. As famous as she heard they were, Kate could not possibly find the ability to show appreciation for their hard work and fame.

"... all we ask is that you find it in your heart to forgive us. Give your mother and I a second chance in being parents to you, son." Victor begged.

John and Linda seemed to have fallen for their drama - hook, line, and sinker - whereas Kate found it difficult to be as forgiving as her parents. Silence fell upon them as (Y/n) stared with a full lack of emotion before he suddenly burst out outrageously, full of excitement and anger.

"What a load of rubbish!" (Y/n) yelled, purposefully keeping his foul language to a minimum. "You two have no idea what you put me through! I had to through THIRTEEN YEARS of hardship and harassment for being the son of two celebrities who were always taking every opportunity to stay away from him! People made fun of me because you weren't around. Like I was an orphan - but the way you've both been leaving me out of your lives, it must be true. Not once did you even spare a glance at me the times you were around - and the times you were, it was to grab your smokes or your liquor! If you even thought about spending time with me, you should have just quit your careers..."

The tone in (Y/n)'s voice harboured unbridled rage and pain, something that he wanted everyone to hear, but at the cost of Lynn and Tilly's sleeping in. Those two younger girls heard the commotion and went downstairs to investigate. They spied (Y/n) screaming at his parents with such fury it terrified them to be on the receiving end of his anger. It was only at his parents did (Y/n) choose to not hold back.

At the end of his rant, (Y/n) stormed off back upstairs to Kate's room with the dirty-haired blonde following closely behind him. Needless to say, Victor and Victoria were absolutely shocked at their son's outburst. His rant was valid in spite of knowing the difficulties his parents faced trying to gain time outside of work. In the absence of their children, John, Linda, Victor and Victoria discussed (Y/n)'s feelings towards the matter.

(Y/n) left Kate's door open when he burst into her room knowing that slamming it in her face wouldn't make things better. Tilly and Lynn also hesitated to go downstairs and proceeded to hide in their separate rooms. Inside Kate's room, she and (Y/n) sat on her bed with (Y/n) laid down, his head rested on her lap whilst she ran her fingers through his hair.