Chapter Twenty-Four: Practice Makes Perfect

Monday

Sunlight broke into the room. (Y/n) awoke to find his girlfriend laid on top of him with her head on his chest. Her hair tickled his nose but the scent of her hair prevented him from sneezing. Kate awoke to her boyfriend staying at her as she slept. Batting her eyelashes at him, Kate smiled with her teeth in return for a gentle kiss on the nose that he gave her. As soon as his lips pecked her nose, she quickly hit his lips with her own, causing him to act love-struck.

"Kiss me again. I want to tell your family I've been touched by an angel."

Kate giggled and brushed her palm down his cheek.

"You are just the sweetest thing, aren't you. What time is it?"

"Uuuhhh, ten to."

Kate rolled her eyes at him and gave a look that showed she had only limited patience for such a conundrum he was causing. In the case that it was the man she loved, she made an exception. He ended his shenanigans and informed her of the correct time which was sunbreak before he motioned to get out of bed when he felt her hand grip his, preventing him from moving.

"Don't go. Stay a little longer with me. We don't have to be back for a while." Kate begged. 

A smile broadened on (Y/n)'s face as he sat himself up and saddled her waist. The quilt slid off his back, his fingers shook with rapid violence on Kate's sides which sent her into a fit of laugher now that he was tickling one of the most sensitive parts of her body. Cries for mercy was not what (Y/n) endeared, rather her voice of laughter and joy.

Words could not express how happy it made (Y/n) to see her smile, to hear her laugh; to see her enjoy life. Subconsciously, he tickled her sides to his heart's content until their excitement died down at the sound of the door clicking open. The two swung their heads around and spotted Kate's father, John, standing at the door, watching them intently as (Y/n) quickly jumped off his girlfriend and pursed his lips in expectation for a scolding.

"Having a good start to your day, I see. Children, what would you like for breakfast?" John acknowledged the two eighteen year-old's fondly.

Kate cleared her throat and gave her order. "Just jelly toast and some tea, please, daddy." 

"And you, son?"

"I'll have what she's having, sir." (Y/n) answered coolly.

Kate looked over at her boyfriend and smiled to herself. Her father closed the door on his way out, granting them privacy. Seeing as how they no longer had the chance to stay in, Kate climbed out of bed and stood with her back to her boyfriend when she started to undress and put on a yellow shirt and blue jeans along with her black denim bomber jacket on top.

(Y/n) was so mesmerised, enchanted by her beauty that he didn't realise Kate caught him staring at her. Her cheeks turned red as her hand came up to grab her necklace for comfort. (Y/n) crawled off the bed and approached her. He pressed himself against her and moved strands of hair so it framed her face perfectly. It gave her all the more confidence in her looks by having him admire her beauty - both visually as well as verbally.

"I like this new you." (Y/n) growled. 

He sent a wink her way before they walked out of her room. Kate walked in front of (Y/n) as they held hands on their way downstairs to the dining room where her parents already were.

"Good morning!" Linda sang out to the two youngsters.

"Morning." Kate and (Y/n) answered in unison.

"How are you this morning, Mrs Marsh?"