Chapter Nineteen: Twinkling Stars

After several minutes, Kate got up to her feet and wandered so to avoid getting pins and needles from sitting on her legs too much. While (Y/n) remained where he was, an idea popped in his mind. To spruce things up and defeat the sound of waves crashing and seagulls squawking, (Y/n) produced his phone once again and dialled it to a selected song that he hoped would suit the scene. When the sound of music filled Kate's ears, she felt joy at the sound.

Kate's hazel eyes fixed on (Y/n), her mouth only partially opened as the wind blew against her, causing strands of hair to fall out of place. The sight made (Y/n) drool figuratively at the sight as he wanted to capture it, something so perfect. Quickly, (Y/n) snapped a photo of the gorgeous Christian girl which caused her to giggle. He took another look at the photo before returning his attention back to Kate.

As the music played the first verse, (Y/n) put one hand behind his back and offered the other to Kate, asking for her hand in a dance. She obliged and approached him, their hands met before their free hands took ahold of the other. Emotionally, (Y/n) held Kate's hand but not too tightly as a strange feeling washed over him, as if he were afraid of losing her; somebody so innocent. They swayed at a slow, calm pace to the music playing.

'Where are you girl from Rome?
Dusty paths cross my way
For you just roots from home
Walking west on that day

Are you well in your heart?
Did you find what you lost?
I will know for my part
I won't know what it cost

Starring in the sky
Alabaster dreams
Odd chance for you and I
Alabaster daydreams

I moved on so I thought
I settled down and found my place
Still I dreamed of what you caught
Something true in your grace

Now I lay here by the lake
Thinking about you what's at stake
Let me ask these on July
Do you recall, do you recall
That singlе moment in July

Starring in the sky
Alabaster drеams
Odd chance for you and I
Alabaster daydream

Starring in the sky
Alabaster dreams
Odd chance for you and I

Alabaster daydreams
Alabaster daydreams
Alabaster daydreams...'

It had been such a long time since Kate was happy. To understand the time Kate had spent at Blackwell Academy around the likes of Victoria Chase and Nathan Prescott, to endure such hardship through bullying and slander, (Y/n) could certainly devote every fibre of his being in to keeping her safe from the stinging blades of people's verbal remarks and oppression towards the young and innocent Kate Marsh.

To find the moment to capture the intimately close proximity of one another, (Y/n) and Kate shared another kiss to draw one another closer to true happiness. Opening their eyes, the two lovebirds stared deeply and fondly into one another's eyes when a proclamation was made from (Y/n) that even left him speechless he managed to come out with such feeling and conviction.

"I love you, Kate." (Y/n) confessed on a whim.

Such a bold confession left Kate speechless. She had no expectation of him saying such a thing at such a time as that, but she was certainly not drawn away from it, just quite taken back that he beat her to it. It came as an even bigger shock to Kate when he began to go on about how he truly felt about her and how she made him feel from the moment he laid his eyes on her. In order to silence his rambling, Kate slammed her lips against his.