Chapter Twenty-Six: Viral Video Gone Wrong

(Y/n) leaned to the side as he watched a red ball fly past his face. He kept his eyes trained on the other player with the ball who reared his ball arm back and threw it for his feet. The brown-haired boy jumped to the side, his shoes scratched on the surface of the court as he narrowly evaded the red ball from hitting his shin. While Jamie rushed for a ball to acquire, (Y/n) took a shot at the short boy who barely had any time to react.

For what he gained in helping his team reach the finale of the game, he could not make up for with his height and lack of speed and agility. As a result, the ball that was directed for his face collided with his cheek, knocking the four foot seven boy off his feet as well as out of the court, which was declared by the referee at the blow of his whistle. Harry, the short guy, took his time getting out of the court before the whistle blew, resuming the game.

Now that it came down to a one-on-one, (Y/n) felt on edge being the last one on his team standing. Silence filled the crowd who sat and watched with bated breath as the two boys on the court stared each other down as if it were a Mexican stand-off. Either player hand two red balls in their hands, both of whom were itching to draw before the other. Kate watched on, biting her nails figuratively as (Y/n) prepared to attack.

The two boys raised their hands up, their balls level with their heads before they pulled said hands back and threw the balls at each other, evidently hitting and bouncing off each other's. Jamie and (Y/n) ducked out of the trajectory of their balls coming back at them before Jamie decided to strike again. Constantly, the two boys ducked and weaved away from the red balls being thrown at them.

The game went on for just that little bit longer until at long last Kate's prayer had been heard. Where (Y/n) had been attempting to strike Jamie whenever his long blonde hair interfered with his eyesight, the blonde boy had been barely holding on for as long as he could, doing his best to survive. Eventually, Jamie slipped up, thus costing his team the win.

In jubilation, a large majority of the crowd cheered for (Y/n) and his team while a small portion were downhearted by their loss. While the audience flooded the court as well as ambushing the victorious players, Kate found it greatly difficult to reach her boyfriend. (Y/n) too found it hard to get through the herd of students to get close to his girlfriend, but eventually he succeeded.

(Y/n) and Kate held onto each other's hands and shoved their way through the crowd towards the exit where she intended to congratulate him more privately. After a long game of dodgeball, (Y/n) took a quick shower to wash off all the sweat. He entered the boy's bath room alone but halfway through (Y/n)'s shower, he got company. The water ran down (Y/n)'s head so since his eyes were shut, he was oblivious to the person who dared to peek into his stall.

A towel went around (Y/n)'s head as a pair of hands grabbed (Y/n) while he was still in the shower and pried him out of the stall, carrying him by his arms and legs into the corridor for people to see. The amount of noise made drew out many people from their dorms to investigate the source of the disturbance. (Y/n)'s erratic wriggling and squirming eventually removed the towel from his head, but as soon as he did, he immediately wished he'd kept it on.

People around (Y/n) laughed at his expense; the raucous thrill of his indecent exposure as well as their recording one of the worst moments in his life. (Y/n) looked around at the faces smiling down at him when he jumped up to his feet. He hugged the towel around his waist and made a run for his room by slipping through the students huddled so closely together it was difficult to get through.

Horrified by what occurred, (Y/n) struggled to get over the humiliation. Now he finally understood what Kate had gone through over her controversial video. He sat on his bed, curled up in a ball when he heard his door click open. His heart dropped in his chest when he realised that his girlfriend had come to visit and console him. The sight of her boyfriend broke Kate's heart to see him so vulnerable and weak where she sat with him on his bed and cuddled.