Chapter Twenty-Eight: A Good Impression

Thursday

After a decent night's sleep, (Y/n) and Kate woke up refreshed. The sun cracked through the thin gap between the blinds, illuminating the room as birds chirped as they flew past their window. Kate was the first up on her feet. She sat up and threw her legs out of the bed, causing it to dip where she sat. (Y/n) laid on his front and reached over to brush his hand down her back. She closed her eyes and rolled her head back as he began to massage her.

"Good morning, beautiful," said (Y/n) in a soothing voice.

Kate stretched and groaned. "Mm. Good morning, cutie-pie."

"Ohh, I love it when you call me that. How did you sleep, baby?

"I slept good. You?"

"Like a baby. Ready for another shit day at Blackwell? How about we go out for breakfast?"

Kate agreed and tied her hair up in a bun after clothing herself. Now ready for the day, Kate looked over at her boyfriend and still he was staring at her. She rolled her eyes at him and checked her bag for her essentials. While she did that, (Y/n) got dressed as well and grabbed his car keys from his room the two ventured out of the dormitory to the parking lot, where along the way they were intercepted and accompanied by Max Caulfield.

"Morning," they all greeted one another.

They all conversed about the play that evening, expressing their thoughts about how the play went for them. All in all, they were most pleased by how it went as well as with each other.

"... and honestly, I didn't think I had it in me. But thanks to you guys, I'm glad I went though with it." Kate admitted. "What are you doing today, Max?"

"Warren's taking me to that drive-in on Saturday. But besides that, I've got nothing else on. Where are you guys off to?" Max spoke with a hint of exhaustion in her voice.

"We're going out for breakfast at the Wales," answered (Y/n). "Then, we'll see where today takes us from there. Who knows?"

"I think we might have to change our plans." Kate interrupted.

(Y/n) looked at her curiously and asked, "Why's that, babe?"

She pointed in the general direction of a family of four coming their way. Kate was filled with glee when she recognised then as her family. (Y/n) shared similar glee like his girlfriend but his thoughts dawned on him about his girlfriend's parent's watching the inappropriate video of him being exposed naked and humiliated by the people in his and Kate's grade.

The family of five reunited and embraced in a family hug. Witnessing such a marvellous sight warmed (Y/n)'s heart. It came as a surprise when Kate's family called him to join them. He was surprised but quite touched by their accepting him into their family. (Y/n) hesitantly accepted the offer, but until he shared the hug, he enjoyed it and relaxed a bit.

That's when (Y/n) saw it: a white flash.

He knew it would happen eventually. He only wished that it would happen later on but with him being so caught up with school and his love life, any rational thought of his life as the son of two famous celebrities hadn't been properly considered until now. Acting as if nothing happened, (Y/n) shared a warm smile towards his future in-laws with haste to escape public eyes.

"As much as I would love to spend more time with you all, I'm afraid that there's somewhere Kate and I must be. Something urgent just came up." (Y/n) said dismissively and took his girlfriend's hand and tore her away from her family.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n)! Wait! What's the matter with you?" Kate interrupted as she fought against his grip.

"I'll explain in a minute. Just, please, come on and get in the car."