Chapter Thirty-Five: Family Pt. I

May, 2014

It was nearing the end of Winter, making its way slowly into Spring where the flowers would bloom perfectly which would also make a fine addition to the cultivation of the destination (Y/n) schemed his travel plans for Colorado in a little town called Idaho Springs - a fine choice of locale for one to apprehend a vast reach of the beauty of the earth.

It was a chilly Tuesday morning when (Y/n) awoke from his slumber. His soulmate had her arms wrapped around him securely as he laid on his side facing her, observing her as she slept peacefully. (Y/n) adored the dirty-haired blonde, his love for her was unbound. When he felt the need to relieve himself that morning, (Y/n) groaned to himself and very slowly removed Kate's arm off of his side and climbed out of bed.

The bed dipped as (Y/n) swung his legs over the side for the cold to prick the bottom of his feet through the fabric of his socks. He visibly winced but quickly adjusted to the chill as he grabbed the dressing gown that covered almost the entirety of Kate's bed and slipped it on himself. Had there not been a blanket on top, (Y/n) would have mind removing the only thing that kept he and Kate peacefully in slumber for the night.

When the thirst for tea bothered (Y/n), he quietly tip-toed out of the room with the intent to make tea for two. He knew that his absence would worry Kate but he was assured that the cup of tea he was going to make would bribe her of her disappointment in waking up alone that morning. He followed the natural procedure upon entering the kitchen with little care of the noise he made.

It wasn't long after (Y/n) woke up that morning that Kate did also. In a way, she was experiencing a nightmare alone without him. Kate woke up with a bit of a fright, her immediate notice of the cold spot beside her told her that (Y/n) had left her to wake up alone once again but not out of habit. Kate frowned at the negative thoughts swarming her mind but was quick to curse them out because of (Y/n)'s influence in replacing the dark void within her.

Sombrely, Kate sat up and rested her elbows on her knees as the nauseating feeling of abandonment coiled with her ability to feel loved by her significant other. The adorable angel let a hefty sigh fall from her lips as she mustered the energy to get up out of bed and explore her bathroom for essential products she used daily. There was hesitation in whether Kate wanted to wear make-up or not, but ultimately fell onto the decision that she would.

Using the skincare and cosmetic products at her disposal, Kate applied eye-liner painstakingly, followed by cherry red lipstick. The dirty-haired blonde popped her lips to evenly spread and thin the lipstick before she put on a dressing gown with some woolly slippers applied and exited her room to start her day. Loud whistling caught Kate's ear as did the scent of cooked toast tickling her nose senses.

By venturing downstairs, Kate uncovered the mystery behind the absence of her boyfriend from their shared bed. The boy with long brown hair that was beginning to match hers during the early stages of hair growth had his back to her. With a cup of tea in one hand and a kettle in the other, (Y/n) poured the hot water into the cup and tested its warmth when suddenly he recoiled, snarling at the burning sensation.

"Goddammit. Son of a bitch," cursed (Y/n). "I knew I should've added more water. No point now. Might as well let it cool. No point filling it up anymore."

"(Y/n)? Who are you talking to?" Kate sang out, drawing herself into the kitchen.

(Y/n) barely jumped when he heard Kate's voice but he still got frightened nonetheless.

"Oh, morning baby. I'm just... talking to myself. Here. I made you some tea."

She accepted it and blew gently on the surface as she held the cup with both hands, the heat from the cup reflected the irritable sensation that which she ignored. (Y/n) observed her closely as she took a sip of her tea, only to show no immediate reaction to her tea's temperature. He loved the way she stood in appearance: her hair fell around her face, barely hiding her beautiful hazel eyes or her lovely smile and her red cheeks.