Episode 73: Octopus Game Part 2

After surviving the game, the survivors returned to the room. As they entered the room, they all heard the knocking from above. There was another room at a higher ground where the disqualified contestants were waving at them, but neither side could hear the other. 

"Hey, aren't those who lost the game of The Rose of Sharon Has Bloomed?" Susie asked as she pointed. 

"The mayor, chief Bookem, Kawasaki..." Tiff said as she read their faces. "Yup, that's definitely them."

"What are they doing up there?" Tuff asked. 

"Poyo?" Kirby asked. 

"Congratulations on winning your first game," the leader of the pink soldiers said as they entered the room. 

"Question: why are they up there?" Susie asked.

"They lost and they're no longer allowed to participate," the leader of the pink soldiers clarified. "However, they may watch the survivors play if they'd like."

Huh, so no one gets hurt, Tiff thought. Well then, maybe I don't have to try so hard to win. Also, if Kirby is still gonna be safe, I guess I don't really have to look out for his safety as much. 

"Now, you'll be prepared for the second game," the leader of the pink soldiers said. "I hope you're ready."

"It's just cutting out shapes of the plate of melted sugar," Tiff said. 

"Or dalgona," Susie specified. 

"Let's go," the leader of the pink soldiers said. They all followed it and headed into the room where it looked like a playground. "Since you know how this game works," the leader of the pink soldier said. "You all get the same shape, which is the Warp Star. You will have 10 minutes to cut it."

Everyone started cutting it with a needle that they received. "This is ridiculous," Meta Knight said. He pulled out the Galaxia and gave it a few swings. It cut into a perfect Warp Star shape. All the disqualified players cheered for Meta Knight, which they couldn't hear. 

Meta Knight exited the room after leaving a soft scoff. 

Triggered by Meta Knight's quick play, Galacta Knight also pulled out his sword to cut it, but it broke in half instead. One pink soldier escorted Galacta Knight out of the room as Galacta Knight groaned in jealousy. 

As Kirby broke the pieces off, he happily ate them. Tiff also gave the pieces to Kirby so that he can enjoy them as he is doing it. 

Meanwhile, Susie was murmuring to herself, "I gotta apply the just right amount of normal stress and shear stress along the border of the shape so that it can cut out clean and perfectly... also, if I happen to remember the ultimate tensile strength of the solidified melted sugar, I should consider doing it in some other method so that it does not create a fracture..." No one understood what Susie was murmuring to herself. Even though the author wrote this sentence, they had no idea what Susie was saying. 

"Aw, man!!" Tuff groaned as he broke his dalgona in half. 

"You little brat!" Haltmann screamed in anger and disbelief. "You made me jump and I broke MY shape!! Couldn't you have been a little quieter???" 

"Geez, sor-ry," Tuff said as they were both being escorted out of the room. 

Tiff and Susie managed to cut the shape without ruining the shape. They both showed it to the pink soldier and went out of the room. 

"Poyo, poyo!" Kirby cheered as he also was able to cut the shape perfectly. 

"Done," Susie said as she cut it out to the perfect shape.