Episode 60: 0K Weather

It was blazing hot in Planet Popstar, especially in Cappy Town. Everyone was too exhausted by the heat to do anything. The citizens of Cappy Town were all knocked out by the heat. So, every single citizen escaped to places where they were able to refresh.

********

"Ugh... so hot..." Mabel said as she came into Samo's juice bar. "I predict this will be the hottest weather in the history of Cappy Town."

"Yeah, come in here and rest," Samo said as he started to pour orange juice into one of the clean glasses. "I even turned on the air conditioner."

"I predict resting here will be nice," Mabel said as she sat down on received the glass. She took a gulp of her drink and gasped "Oh!" in amazement.

********

"Let's buy some ice cream at Tuggle's store!" Tuff suggested to Iroo, Spikehead, and Honey.

"Great idea!" Iroo said.

"Yeah, it's really hot out here!" Spikehead said.

"I need a drink too!" Honey said. 

As they all went inside Tuggle's store, cool air conditioner embraced them. "Ah~" They all breathed as they were refreshed by the cool air.

"Hey, kids!" Tuggle greeted them with a smile. "Here for the ice cream?"

"Yeah!" They all said at the same time, and Honey added in the end, "And something cool to drink!"

"You guys are in luck, I ordered a bunch of those to sell for this hot weather!" Tuggle said.

"Yayy!" They all cheered as they ran towards the refrigerators. 

********

Tiff was in the library, reading a textbook about quantum physics with other textbooks piled next to her. She even had a bottle of ice water next to her. 

"I can peacefully read..." Tiff said in the most relaxed tone in all of the episodes.

"Don't you live in a castle?" Biblio asked. "I'm sure you can read with air conditioning there, and I'm sure it's much better than here at the public library."

"Actually, the air conditioning at the castle is broken," Tiff explained. "So Meta Knight, Sword Knight, and Blade Knight are fixing it. I'm sure Dedede will be all cranky because it's hot and humid, so I thought it'd be wise to come here and read peacefully. Plus, free water!"

"I'm glad you like it, stay as here as long as you want," Biblio said. "Since you and Professor Curio are the only ones who come here."

"That's quite understandable..." Tiff replied sympathetically as she flipped through the page.

********

"Who cares if there is no air conditioning in the castle?" Escargoon asked himself as he relaxed in the pool with a glass of iced tea. "As long as I have a refreshing pool with a refreshing iced tea. Ah~ no place like heaven!" He took a sip of his iced tea through the twirly straw. "Ah~" Escargoon sighed in relaxation as he leaned back on the pool deck. 

"ESCARGOON! WHERE YA HIDIN' AT??!!" Dedede's scream echoed from the balcony of his throne room. 

"As if he can find me!" Escargoon scoffed and turned his face away from the castle. "He can scream all he wants, I am NOT ruining my day for this nonsense! Snails need to stay hydrated for better performance." He decided to close his eyes and take a nap for a bit. 

Nothing stopped Dedede from running around the castle, looking for the only snail in the kingdom to abuse. "ES-CAR-GOOOOOON! WHERE YA HIDING AT, YA SLUG BUG?!" He bellowed until the heat made him feel exhausted. He plopped down to the floor on his face. He breathed hard as a stream of sweat ran down from his body, with his clothes absorbing at least half of the sweat. While he was panting on the floor, Sir Ebrum and Lady Like passed by him. Instead of their usual formal attire, they were dressed rather casually, perfect for the weather.