Episode 90: Protect Against the Sun

A/N: I'm publishing this episode again because it only shows half of the story on mobile app. Just the heads up, I'm gonna keep trying until I can see the whole episode on mobile app. 

It was finally a perfect day in Cappy Town.

"Ah~" Tiff breathed as she relaxed on the beach bench with everyone else playing. "It's finally a perfect day~" 

Tuff, Iroo, Honey, Spikehead, Fololo, Falala, and Kirby were playing beach volleyball while Kine was looking at them. They were all having fun as they laughed and slapped the ball around. 

"That looks really fun," Kine said. "Too bad I can't play with the type of body I have..."

"If you evolve, you'll be able to," Tiff said as she was reading about Charles Darwin's Evolution Theory. 

********

Although everyone thought that Escargoon was having a great time after quitting his servant job at the castle now that he could escape from all the physical and mental abuse from the obnoxious, egotistic, obese penguin. However, with nothing else provided like the castle, all of his money was going to rent, food, and other services. Also, now that he was working two jobs, he did not have much time to sleep. As he was lacking sleep, he could not function properly while working. He went to work almost every day 

One time, at Tuggle's store, he accidentally knocked over the refrigerator, and all the drinks inside them exploded. "Whoa, whoa!!!" Escargoon yelped as the refrigerator leaned and flattened down on him while he was rubbing the glass clean. The floor was covered with pieces of shattered glass and a mix of all the drinks that exploded inside it. 

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!" Tuggle screamed in fear. "Escargoon!!! What have you done????"  

"I'm so so so so so so so so so sorry!!!" Escargoon apologized sincerely. "I'll clean this up right away!"

"You just destroyed so much profit!! Cleaning them up is not going to bring them back!" Tuggle angrily screamed. "You know how my business has not been so great lately!" 

"I'm sorry..." Escargoon said. 

"After you clean this up, you're fired," Tuggle said. 

"What??? No, no, no, please, Tuggle! I really need this job!" Escargoon begged as he burst into tears. "I still have rent and groceries to pay for...!!! Please don't fire me!!! I won't get paid from you until I make up for all the damages I've caused, but please please please don't fire me!!!"

Tuggle thought for a moment. "All right... you're not gonna be paid for the next four months," Tuggle confirmed. 

"As long as I can start being paid again after that four months, I'll do anything!!!" Escargoon said. 

"Get going," Tuggle said and went to the back to bring more groceries to stock. 

Escargoon sighed as he grunted to pick the refrigerator back up and mopped the floor. 

********

Things were not good at Samo's bar either. While Escargoon was making a cocktail, he lost balance while shaking the bottle, bumped into the shelf, and several bottles of the most expensive drinks fell off the shelf, hit the floor, and shattered into pieces. Escargoon was too shocked even to gasp. 

"Escargoon!!! You broke my most expensive drinks!!!" Samo shrieked in anger and fear. 

"I'm really really really really really sorry!!!" Escargoon apologized sincerely. 

"Do you know how much these drinks cost?? Even your year's worth of salary is not enough to pay for this!!" Samo said. 

"I'm sorry!! I will work without pay until I pay them off!!" Escargoon begged for mercy. "Please don't fire me. I really need this job!!"