Chapter 26

Y/n POV:

It's been about two months since I turned twelve. November 11th is my birthday and it still makes me smile when I remember that I was the oldest kid back home, for a little while at least. Though it really shouldn't be comforting at all. I was walking around the small town with Oliver. The two of us had gotten pretty close over the last two months. No close like ( close-close ) Y'know? I love Ray and that's final. It's more like a sister/brother complex. Same with Ace. That boy can't shoot a gun for the life of him. Literally. A few weeks ago I took him out to practice shooting and was unpleasantly surprised when I was shot in the calf. The wound was really just a graze though and healed up in a week or two.

We were walking around in silence until Oliver broke the silence. "Who are those people in your drawing?" He asked and I turned to look at him with wide eyes. "How did you know about that? It's in my backpack so someo-" I started but Ace popped up beside me and answered my question. "I'm sure Lucas had someone go through it, as a safety Precaution and from my guess; it was Oliver." I turned to look at Ace with a smile. It was always nice when he answered things, straight to the point. "Thanks Ace, and to answer your question Oliver, that's my family Emma, the ginger, Norman the albino, and Ray the cyclops." I smiled at Oliver and continued to walk.

We soon stumbled upon something not as pleasant as talking about my family. A very muscular boy with white hair. He had the same mark that myself and Ace had on our chests. The Lambda mark. This is the first new person to show up since me and Ace had. I ran up to him thinking about what was going to happen. When me and Ace got here, the music started to play about five minutes after I got up. Sure, the music is something normal to me now but there was something different this time. I assume that since this boy is here the demons either thought we were getting boring or- never mind they totally got bored of us. The number of people who have been dying had dwindled lately.

Something's wrong. We ran up to the boy and immediately started to question him. I asked first, "Can you tell us your name?" And nodded and barely whispered the word 'Adam'. So his name is Adam and from the mark on his chest we know that he came from Lambda. Oliver was the next to speak. "Ok Adam, we're in a really bad place and we need to get you to safety so, if you don't mind please come with us." Oliver had asked Adam to come with us back to the windmill  but he shook his head no. "Look Adam, I'm not gonna lie to you, it's either come with us or die. I won't sugar coat it." It was barely twenty seconds before the music started to play and we all stiffened.

    "Adam, we're going, come with us or don't- it's your decision." I said turning away from him and got ready to run. Adam spoke louder than he did the first time though. "22194" he stepped forward and groped my shoulder, repeating the same number. That number sounded so familiar. I'll figure it out later but right now, I have to survive first. I turned back to Adam, "let's go" was all I said and he let go of my shoulder and started to follow me when I began running. "Ace, Oliver, take Adam, there's something I want to test out really quick." I shouted at them and they nodded at me in agreement. I pointed Adam in there direction and he followed them. Now, time to test out my ability thingy! I ran to find the nearest demon I could and found that it was the demon by the name of Nouma. As far as I knew, it was a female demon.

    She was looking around in the houses before picking something up. It was Sandy. Sandy was a nice boy who I had gotten to know over my time here, he had green hair and black eyes. He held a gun and pointed it at Nouma though, she just walked it out of his hand. I knew that if I didn't do anything he would die. I focused as hard as I could on Nouma and raised my left hand. Nouma was about to just stab sandy with her spear but both of her hands just stopped mid-movement. I grabbed my hand gun with my right had and aimed. There was only about three eyes exposed on her face, I had learned that-that was their weak spot.

   I shot but just barely missed her middle eye. She craned her neck at me and I guess you could say she growled. I had figured out what different hand signs I could use for different parts of the body and other things, such as stopping blood flow. I tightened my left hand into a fist as Nouma was about to step towards me. I shot again and actually hit her lower eye. She couldn't move due to my fist, which stops the entire body from moving. She struggled in pain for about a minute before I released my pinky finger grime my fist. This made her drop Sandy. It was a hard fall but Sandy got up like it was nothing. He came running to me like a maniac. "Sandy go get to safety and have Lily check on your injuries. I'll catch up." He nodded at me and ran towards the windmill. I turned my attention back to Nouma.

    I figured the easiest way to get away would be to kill her but, at the moment the only way I know how to kill somebody is by stopping blood flow and I'm not sure how long that takes, considering that I've only tested it on humans to see if it would work, not to kill them. In the end I aimed for her kneecaps and shot the both of them. I released my fist and she fell to the ground. That was enough to make me run like I was running for desert and bragging rights. Ha, makes me think of Don. Nouma let out a scream so I screamed back and yelled. "I shot your fucking kneecaps bitch!"

   It didn't take me long to get to the windmill after the music stopped and when I entered, Lily came running at me. "You stupid dumbass. I thought you were dead!" She hugged me or, more like ran into me and just grabbed me. I asked Lily about how Adam was doing and she said that she hadn't taken care of him, Paula had. I thanked her and went to find Paula. She was nice for the most part but doesn't talk much. She wears a cami Bandana over her face too, like a mask. I found her in the infirmary with Adam. She told me that he hadn't said anything but his name and the numbers 22194. She soon left and I told Adam to wait on me for a second. I think I know why he's saying those numbers. I ran down to the room with bunkers and grabbed the drawing of me Emma, Norman, and Ray.

   I quickly ran upstairs and sat down near Adam. "Hey, is 22194 a person?" He only nodded and I unfolded my drawing. I showed it to him and his eyes widened. I gently tapped above Norman. "Is this 22194?" I asked and he slowly nodded. "Eo, Norman got sent to Lambda too, huh?"

Word count:1314