Chapter One

Copyright © 2020 | All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

Washington, DC
The Watergate Hotel
May 13, 2012

Emily sat in her hotel room after the wedding sipping on some cheap hotel liquor. It burned every time it went down her throat. She would've been in her own bed but that was currently being shipped to London. She looked at the clock and sighed. 2am. She had to be at the airport at 8 that morning.

She sat on the balcony looking at the city lights. She thought about everything that happened that day; the bank shooting, JJ having to save Henry. Also, Will having a bomb strapped to him and her having to save him. Then she had to watch the woman she was madly in love with get married. She didn't want to go but it would seem weird. They are good friends after all. Between the thing with Doyle, her coming back from the dead, and now JJ getting married; it was time to leave the BAU and Washington all together, she couldn't do one without the other.

She was about to get settled into bed when a knock sounded at her hotel door. There were only a few people that knew where she was staying. Garcia, Rossi, and Hotch. She walked over to the door and peeked through the peephole. Shit, what is she doing here? She did not expect to see JJ at the door this early in the morning. She wanted to leave without seeing her.

"Emily, I know you're standing at the door so open up before I cause a scene!" Emily blew out a deep breath and opened the door smiling brightly at JJ.

"Hey, JJ! What are you doing here?" JJ stood there glaring at her before pushing past her coming into the hotel room. Emily closed the door behind her sighing. This is going to be a long day already.

"London Emily?! Really? You were just gonna leave me?!" JJ yelled as she paced around the room.

"I thought we were friends. We danced at the wedding, we laughed, and took pictures. Then I look up and you're gone. Everyone thought I knew about you leaving! But, I didn't, Emily! Why? Do you hate me?" I stood there with my arms wrapped around me.

"Hello?! I'm trying to talk to you Emily and figure shit out! What did I do?!" I looked up at her as her voice cracked.

"You really wanna know JJ? After everything we've just been through. You wanna do this now?" I asked walking closer to her, my own tears building up in my eyes.

"Yes! Because you're leaving and I'll never get the chance to fix it!" She cried out. My heart felt like it was going to come out of my chest. My walls were tumbling down. My hands were shaky and sweaty. I was so angry with her because I should be the one upset, not her.

"You broke my heart Jennifer!" I yelled, shocking myself.

"What?" Her eyes widened looking at me. I put my head down sighing deeply. Here goes nothing.

"I love you okay? And you broke my heart by marrying Will.." my voice cracked and my bottom lip was quivering as I tried not to sob.

"You love me..?" I looked up at her shrugging sadly.

"The worst part is, you didn't even know you were doing it.. I've loved you for years now. Ever since I saw you in Hotch's office my first day..."

"Why didn't you say anything?!" I threw my hands up scuffling.

"It was bad enough I was new there! Everyone thought I had mommy's help getting there. Reid and Derek always wanted to fact check me, Hotch didn't like me. You and Garcia were missing Elle, I didn't want to be a freak and confess my love for you on the first day!" She paced around as I stood there watching her.

"Why did you push me on Will then? You could've told me then or I don't know maybe before I got pregnant by him! We had all these nights out, sleepovers, we shared hotel rooms, clothes! You could've said something! Anything!" She stood there looking at me with tears streaming down her face.

"I was scared.. You're so beautiful and intelligent. You can have anybody you want, why would you want me? Nobody wants me. Every girl I've tried to talk to is either stuck on their ex's or my job gets in the way.. Not to mention the package I carry around, nobody wants me Jennifer..." we sat there in silence for a little bit. We needed that time to cool off. My head was spinning.

"I wanted you.. I felt the same way when I saw you in Hotch's office. I've never been with a girl before but when I saw you.. I got butterflies. I told Garcia.. She would tease me anytime you were around, making weird faces or sending me text messages. You're so intelligent and confident. You don't let anything affect you.. I've wanted you for years Emily, you don't know how bad I wish it were you that was kissing me, holding me, touching me.. I love Will but I'm not in love with him.."

"Why didn't you say anything?" She rolled her eyes chuckling softly. We were sitting on the bed at this point, our thighs touching.

"You're way out of my league Emily. You're wealthy, you're sexy, you're somebody. Your name is something. I'm just a small town girl from nothing. You don't want me.." I reached over and grabbed her hand.

"I do want you.. Now and forever. But I have nobody to blame but me. You're married now and I'm going to London.. I can't make promises or say that I'll keep in touch but I'll try.. and who knows maybe one day we'll have that chance to be together. But, for now I think it's best that we go our separate ways.." I hated to say that but it's the truth. We can't keep playing cat and mouse. We both needed to heal, especially me. Jennifer didn't need my broken mind and body.

We sat leaning against one another for 2 more hours, no words exchanged, no movements necessary. She drew patterns on my palm while I watched her. The silence was enough.

"I should probably head home.." she said quietly. We stood up going over to the door. We stood there for a minute not saying a word.

"Can I have a goodbye kiss?" I heard her ask. I sighed. Bad idea.

"Jennifer.."

"Please..? I can't leave this room like this. Knowing that once I walk out of that door I'll probably never hear from you again.. I need this.. Please?" I nodded my head. I stepped closer to her, our heights making for the perfect kiss. I brought my hand up to rest against her cheek.

"Are you sure?" I whispered against her lips.

"Yes..." she breathes. I hear her swallow hard. I see her chest heaving up and down with anticipation. I step closer, our bodies melting together. I bring my other hand up, placing it on her cheek. My thumbs rub against her lips before I dip my head down sealing our lips together.

She grabs at my hips as our tongues dance together. I taste tears as we kiss; I don't know who's crying though. We pull away and I rest my forehead against hers..

"I guess this is goodbye.." I say.

"I guess so.." she wipes her face and I pull open the door. She walks out then faces me. "Please take care of yourself. I'll miss you so much Emily.."

"I'll miss you too Jennifer. You take care of yourself as well."

"I love you.."

"I love you too Jennifer.. Bye.."

"Bye Emily.." I watched as she walked away, I didn't look away until the elevator doors closed. Once my hotel room door was closed, I slid down it bringing my knees to my chest, sobbing into them. The love of my life just walked away and I allowed it..

"Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities."
- Patti Roberts

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

Did you guys enjoy this?

This was inspired by a TikTok I saw a few hours ago and had the perfect idea.

Stay tuned for more.

Vote, comment, share, and follow! ✨♥️