Chapter Twenty-Four

November 24TH, 2019
Prentiss-Jareau Estate

It's finally time for our yearly family Thanksgiving dinner. We were having it at our house this year since we have Addilyn now and I'm so excited for all our families to be together this year. With everything that has happened, I think we all deserve this.

Henry and Emily were out at the store getting a few last minute things while Addy and I slept some more. I know I can be pretty biased but she really is the most amazing baby ever. She hardly cries, sleeps through the night, and did I mention how absolutely beautiful she is? She looks just like Emily and it melts my heart every time.

I was getting us ready when the door bell rang.

I quickly and carefully made my way downstairs. I big smile came to my face when I saw my parents. I haven't seen them since before Addy got here.

"Mom! Dad!" I said throwing the door open.

"Oh isn't she just the cutest ham ever?!" My mom said, she pulled me into a tight hug before taking Addy. My dad stepped up next pulling me into a hug.

"How's my little princess doing?"

"I'm doing good daddy. Come in, the snow is starting to come down a little" they both got settled into the living room with Addy while I put some coffee on.

We sit around the living room catching up while we wait on Henry and Emily to return home. I found out that they are finally retiring and thinking of moving this way to be closer to the kids, I won't object to that. Emily and I need some time alone.

"Grandpa! Grandma!" I heard Henry yell as he came through the front door, Emily trailing behind with bags.

"Don't worry about me champ, I got it!"

"Okay!" I laughed as she shot daggers at him with her eyes.

"Hi baby" I gave her a kiss and grabbed a few of the bags, taking them to the kitchen. We talked as we put everything away so Henry could spend time with his grandparents.

"So, mom and dad are thinking about moving here.." I said as we started prepping the food for Thanksgiving, this was our first year cooking the meal ourselves since we have the time now.

"Oh really? Did they say when?"

"No, just said thinking about it. They're retiring finally and wanted to be closer to us."

"That would be amazing and Henry would love that. Think they would let me pay for everything? It's the least we can do, they've always been there for you and us, no matter what." I smiled at her with tears in my eyes. I don't know what I did to deserve a woman like her. She's one of a kind honestly.

"You Emily Prentiss are absolutely amazing and I don't know what I did to deserve you. I swear I couldn't ask for a better wife or friend, you are one of a kind and I'm deeply in love and hopelessly devoted to you." She leans over and places a kiss against my lips, I smile and pull away from her.

"I'm deeply in love with you too Jennifer, forever and always. Till death do us part."

...

We were sitting out back by the fire later that night with my parents. Henry was upstairs fast asleep while Addy laid on Emily's chest. We were drinking some wine and just relaxing after cooking all day and preparing for tomorrow.

"So, Jen tells me that you guys are thinking about moving this way?" Emily started off after a moment of silence.

"We are. We are finally retiring and ready to settle down somewhere nice and close to you all. We've been looking at a few houses, we want enough space for when the kids come over of course but nothing too fancy."

"So.. I have an idea."

"Em—"

"Let me finish mom. Let me take care of everything and before you object, I wasn't asking. I've already talked to my real estate agent and they're on the hunt for a nice house for you both, with enough room to go around. So, after thanksgiving, I want you to meet up with him and let him show you a few places."

"You Emily Prentiss are full of surprises"

"That she is" I said as I stared at Emily as she talked to my parents. Life never feels real when I'm around her, it's always like I'm living in an endless fairytale. From watching her raise OUR kids to selling houses, to rocking Addy to sleep and reading Henry a book, I don't know which version I love more. Maybe it's the way she always brings me flowers after she leaves the house for the day, or it could be the way she always puts me first, no matter what. How she comforts me on all my worse days. Or maybe, it's just her. Emily.

"Jennifer?" I heard my name being called. I looked over and saw Emily staring at me, "I said, are you ready for bed? We have to be up early"

"Oh, yes! Sorry, I was just thinking" we both got up and made our way inside. Emily made sure the doors were locked and the alarm was set.

"Penny for your thoughts?" She asked as we made our way upstairs to our room.

"Just thinking about you baby, that's all."

"You're always thinking about me. Good thoughts I'm assuming?"

"Always good thoughts baby, always" I grabbed Addy from her so she could get ready for bed. I laid Addy down and slipped out of my clothes before going to the bathroom to wash my hands and get ready for bed. After I did that, I went back to bed so I could feed Addy.

I sat there watching Addy as I breastfed her. She was a perfect mix between Emily and I. I couldn't believe I had a little girl, I've always dreamed of having a girl. I love being a boy mom don't get me wrong but a girl holds a special place. She had such beautiful brown hair and the longest eyelashes ever.

She held tightly to my finger as she fell asleep but never letting go of my nipple of course. She's just like Emily.

"You look absolutely beautiful holding her. I still can't believe we made that." Emily said finally climbing into bed.

"I know, it always feels like a dream that I never wanna wake up from, I can't wait until she's old enough to go shopping with me and Pen, that's going to be so much fun!" I heard Emily sigh and lay back, I chuckled and reached over rubbing her stomach.

"Aw, is daddy scared that mommy is going to spend all their money?"

"Actually I am, I see how you and Pen shop and just adding her into the mix.. I'm going to need 3 jobs."

"Well, you better start looking"

"Anything for my princess" she leans over and presses a kiss against Addy's head. She grabs her after I'm done feeding so she can burp her for the night. I get up and start getting ready for bed.

By the time I'm done getting ready, Emily and Addy are fast asleep in bed. Addy always slept on Emily's chest. Her little snores mixing in with Emily's. I smile then go around the room picking up some stuff before turning the lights off and climbing into bed. I snuggled up against Emily and fell into a peaceful sleep.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Almost to the end of this book, probably 2 more chapters then it's the end! Thank you guys for always sticking around and patiently waiting on me!

I love you guys so much, thank you again! ❤️❤️

MUCH LOVE ALWAYS, Jay 🥹