Chapter Thirty-Two

April 13th, 2017
Denver, Colorado
4:30AM - 1 Hour Later

I ran like my life depended on it as soon as I stepped into the park. My mind was racing after having that nightmare. It felt so real and for some reason that terrified me. I knew he was dead but I don't know. I turned the music up on my headphones as I pushed myself harder, my feet slapping against the ground.

As I made it back to where I started something happened. An arm stretched out as I ran by knocking me to the ground. I gasped as I fell hard against the dirt patch, rocks hitting my back, and the wind getting knocked out of me. I coughed as I tried to focus on the figure.

My vision was blurry from the head impact to the ground, I noticed them coming at me with a white rage, I tried to scoot away but nothing was happening. I struggle against their hand as they place it over my mouth and nose. I knock out within a few seconds.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

7:00AM- Three Hours Missing

"Has anyone heard from JJ?" Reid said as he got to the lobby.

"I think she had a nightmare, I heard her saying Will's name" Tara said coming up behind them.

"Okay, well Tara send her a text to let her know we are going to the station. When she wakes up she can join us. This is first case back after everything, so bare with her" Hotch said. Tara pulled out her phone sending JJ a text. They all left and piled into the SUV, leaving one for JJ.

...

8:30AM - Four Hours Missing

Across town JJ was being tied up by their unsub, she had just woken up. She tried to remember everything but her head was still pounding. She already threw up once from the pain.

"Well well well, Agent Jennifer Jareau. The FBI's finest and delicious member.." he said rubbing his hand across my shoulders. I jerked away from his touch.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed at him. My heart was beating so fast. It's always me that gets taken!

"Now Jennifer why so hostile? Where's that gentle side that you showed Ashley in the hospital?" I looked at him with a confused face. "Oh you're wondering how I know?" I swallowed hard staring at him, trying to put his face somewhere.

"I'm the hospitals "teacher" if you want to say. I saw you talking to Ashley when I passed by on my way to my next victim. You took my breath away.. You're going to be my last, forever. I'm going to get you all ready for our trip"

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" I turned my face as he came close. He swirled a piece of my hair around his finger.

"We are going to Mexico so we can live happily ever after. When I saw you I knew you were the one. So perfect.. Your blonde hair, those blue eyes.." He leaned forward and kissed me. I kicked him in the leg and he pulled back. I gagged trying not to throw up.

"You dumb bitch!" He slapped me across the face busting my lip. He turned and stormed out of the room leaving me alone. I hung my head as tears ran down my face. My mind immediately went to Henry and Emily. I hate to keep putting them in these situations.

"I'm sorry" I whispered out before closing my eyes to try and get a little sleep.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"Tara has JJ responded?" Hotch asked as we sat around the conference table. I pulled my phone out, nothing.

"Uh, no sir" he sighed.

"Okay, go and get her please" he hands me the keycard to her room, the hotel always gave him copies. "Be quick please" I nodded and grabbed the keys leaving. I jumped into the SUV and took off towards the hotel.

...

"JJ? Are you awake?" I asked knocking on the door. I listened for movement. I knocked two more times before using the keycard. I pulled my gun from the holster and slowly opened the door. I cleared the room and no sign of JJ. Her work clothes were still laying out. The bed was cold as well.

I pulled my phone out and called Hotch's number, "She's not here"

"What do you mean Tara?"

"Her work clothes are still here, the bed is ice cold. It looks like she hasn't been here in hours."

"Fuck.. Ok, go downstairs to the manager and view the cameras please. See when she left and if she ever came back. We are going to meet you at the hotel"

"Okay, bye" we hung up and I left going downstairs to the front desk.

"Hi, I'm SSA Dr. Tara Lewis with the FBI, is your manager around?" I asked the teenaged looking boy. He practically ran to grab his manager.

"Hi, I'm Mark, the hotel manager what can I help you with?"

"Hi, yes I need to view your security cameras"

"Absolutely this way" I followed him to the security room. I went to the cameras and went back to the time I heard JJ scream. Around 3:40 she leaves her room in workout gear, I follow her all the way to the lobby when she leaves. Then I forward through the hours looking for her and she never came back.

"Okay thank you" I told the manager as I pulled my phone out walking outside, I dialed Garcia's number.

"Hey Queen of all things Evil, how can I help you?" I smiled a little when I heard that.

"Hey PG, I need you to access the cameras from the hotel, preferably the outside ones and see how much you can view" I heard her fingers typing across the keyboard.

"Uh, the cameras are 360, I can see the park across the street, the other buildings. What am I looking for?" I started making my way towards the park.

"Go to time marker 3:42 and tell me where JJ is going" Silence. "PG?"

"Is she okay?" I sighed.

"I hope.." I whisper. We both get quiet as she watches the cameras, I walk around the park looking for anything to help. I hear a gasp right as I get to something that makes my blood run cold.

"T-Tara?"

"Yeah, I see it.." I looked down and noticed JJ's cellphone and wallet laying on the ground with blood droplets around them. She's in the wind now.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

Another cliffhanger! 😖

I'm trying to see how far I wanna take this.. Do I really wanna make JJ disappear or make this a quick and easy case? Hmmm. 🤔

Stay tuned babies 😘