Chapter Thirty-Seven

WARNING: ⚠️TIGGER WARNING⚠️

Mentions of depression, anxiety, and suicide.

emotionally or having a hard time, you can be the difference in getting them the help they need. It's important to take care of yourself when you are supporting someone through a difficult time, as this may stir up difficult emotions. If it does, please reach out for support yourself.

Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

May 27th, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Prentiss-Jareau Household

We finally arrived home after Jennifer was in the hospital for 2 days. My parents were keeping Henry for us while we got Jennifer some help with everything going on. She had to be cleared for work once again and she had to get her mental health back straight. We've been through so much in such a small time.

I walked behind Jennifer as we made our way upstairs to our room. Derek and Garcia had came over and cleaned the house for us, Garcia even washed our clothes and put them away. A small smile came to my face as we walked into the room. Garcia left a care basket for Jennifer with all her favorite snacks and a teddy bear with an FBI hoodie. I watched as she stood there looking around the room her arms wrapped around her stomach.

"Do you want to shower?" I asked coming up behind her.

"Yeah" I went around the room getting her some pajamas out and set them on the bathroom counter. I had to unfortunately watch her as part of her getting cleared. She can't be suicidal for 3 weeks. We had to take all the razors away and lock up all the medicine. We also had to get rid of the alcohol.

We went into the bathroom and I got the shower going for her. She stripped and climbed into the shower. I bowed my head and listened to the sounds of her showering. I inhaled the scent of her body wash. The steam started to surround me and I wanted nothing more than to climb in there with her. I hear the shower turn off and I look up watching her climb out. I let my eyes run over her body, I could tell that she was getting a little smaller, her jawline is more defined now.

She dries herself off and smooths moisturizer over her skin, the coconut one, my favorite one. I watch as she slips the clothes on I left out for her. She walks over to the sink and starts her face routine, she avoids eye contact with herself in the mirror though. Normally she's all in the mirror. She finally gets done and we go into the room siting on the bed.

She sits up against the headboard with her legs crossed, her hands in her lap. She picks at her nails as she stares down at the them. She picked that up from me. I cover her hands with mine.

"No one is mad at you okay? We love you and we are worried about you. But please don't think that I'm upset with you or anything. I love you so much Jennifer and I'm sorry that I didn't see the signs, I'm sorry for turning a blind eye. God Jennifer, I was so scared. I thought I lost you. I prayed so hard and I cried so many tears for you to be okay. I'm here Jennifer and I'm not going anywhere." Tears fell on to our hands and I pulled her into my lap holding her tight as she cried. Her hands gripping at my shirt as I did the same to hers.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

June 11th, 2018

It's been about two weeks since everything happened. Jennifer has been seeing a therapist for the same amount of time, I'm starting to see a change. She's no longer suicidal and she's finally eating again.

We were watching a movie when she asked me the question.

"Are you happy with me?" I paused the movie looking at her. It confused me.

"Uh.. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know.. I know things have been hard and I know it hasn't been easy.. I just want you to be happy and if that's not with me, you can leave." I turned towards her.

"I- I don't know what to say. Jennifer I'm extremely happy with you and I don't want anybody else. You're correct things haven't been easy and they have been hard but that doesn't mean anything. We've been through worse. I told you I'm not going anywhere and I mean that. You're stuck with me"

We finished our movie and headed upstairs for the night. We met in the middle like always and cuddled as we fell asleep. Our breathing syncing as we fell asleep with no nightmares waking us up. I held her a little tighter that night.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

June 30th, 2018
Washington, D.C.

Jennifer has been doing amazing the last month. She's been cleared for work, her therapy is going amazing and she's been taking medicine for her anxiety and depression. We've been talking about the wedding more too. She wanted something small and personal with just family and close friends.

We've also been in the talks about another baby. Henry needs a sibling. Jennifer also agreed to work the desk job for a little bit, staying back with Garcia unless she's absolutely needed.

"I'm so proud of Jennifer Jareau" I said that night at dinner. I took her to an upscale restaurant for a celebratory dinner. "You amaze me everyday. You are so strong and determined. Everyday that you wake up you get a little more happier and your smile gets brighter. You're gaining your weight back and you're becoming yourself again. I love you so much. I can't wait to marry you"

"I love you too Emily, so so much. Thank you for not giving up on me. Thank you sticking by my side, thank you for holding me when I cried, when I yelled at you to let me go. Thank you for taking care of me when I couldn't do it myself. Thank you for taking care of our son. You're an amazing person and I'm so lucky to have you back in my life. Thank you for always saving me"

"Of course baby. I'll always save you, not matter what. You could be getting eaten by shark and I'll still find a way to save you." We finished our dinner and I paid before we got in the car heading back home. Once we arrived we took quick showers and got dressed getting into bed.

"Get some rest baby" I said after Jennifer yawned for the 10th time in 30 minutes. She nodded her head sleepily. I pulled her close and closed my eyes soaking in her warmth and scent.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

OUR BABY IS DOING BETTER. 🥺

Stay tuned for more updates! ❤️