Chapter Seventeen

February 13th, 2019
New York, New York
Avianne & Co

Derek and I snuck away to New York for the day. It was only a 2 hour flight there and back, of course. We told the ladies that we were going to work on a rental house he just got an hour away. They were having a girls day with Tara anyways. Something about facials and a spa. Because tomorrow is Valentine's Day. And Derek had something special planned.

"You're really going to propose to Pen?" I asked as we walked around the jewelry store. It's a family favorite that we've used for decades.

"Yeah, I am. I've known her for 14 years and I still get butterflies around her even when I pretend I don't. I almost lost her to a gunshot wound, to Kevin and I can't let that happen. We belong together. We were made for each other. I don't see myself with anyone else but her. Plus, she's having my baby, I kinda need to marry her and not just for that reason." I smile and wrap an arm around his shoulder.

"You know you're a softy under all that tough guy act" he pushed me off him laughing.

"Man whatever. You're the same with JJ. You're so whipped dude. She could call you right now asking for anything in this world and she would have it within the hour"

"Okay, she's pregnant.."

"Nah man, even before she was pregnant. She got you whipped"

"Psh whatever. I'm not whipped. You're the whipped one. Whatever babygirl wants, babygirl gets" I said mocking him. He put me in a headlock and I punched him in the stomach.

"Ok chill before I call JJ"

"Not if I call Garcia first" we stopped at a case and looked inside. I saw one in particular that screamed Pen. I pointed it out to Derek and I called Ali over. He took the ring out handing it to Derek.

"This is the one" Derek said as he looked at it.

"It's beautiful" I grabbed a magnifying glass and looked at the diamonds, inspecting it. It was a 14k white solid gold Gia certified. 1.60 CTW.

"What's the price on this?" Derek asked.

"Asking price is $11,359, but for you $8,309. $3,050 off, family discount."

"I'll take it" we followed him to his office so we could get everything filled out and paid for. We sipped some bourbon with him as we talked. He even gave her a free paid diamond earrings to match. Early wedding gift he says. After we have the ring, we decided to head to lunch. We decided on Mexican, so we found a Mexican place and sat down for lunch, catching up with one another. It's been a while since we spent the day together.

"Are you excited to be finally having a baby? Well, you know what I mean"

"I am. Don't get me wrong, we have Henry but it's my own kid, if that makes sense. Like we actually made this baby together. I'm going to be a mom again. What about you? You ready to be a dad?"

"Well.. I think I'm ready. I mean, I'm always good with the kids on cases. Plus, I'm pretty good with Jack and Henry." he replied.

"You're going to be an amazing dad, just like you're going to be an amazing Godfather" we sat at the restaurant for about two hours catching up before heading to a few high end stores, getting the girls gifts for tomorrow before we headed to the airport to go home.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

I dropped Derek off at home before heading home myself. I kept the gifts hidden in the trunk until tomorrow morning. The girls cars were in the driveway still. I checked the mailbox and went inside through the garage.

"Hey, I'm home!" I called out.

"Momma!" Henry said running into the kitchen. He jumped into my arms and I caught him with ease. Even with him being 7, he's still pretty lightweight, to me at least.

"Did you have fun with uncle Derek?" He asked jumping on to the counter.

"I did. Did you have with uncle Spence?"

"Yup, we went to the library and then to a museum and then we got ice cream" we talked as I fixed him and I a sandwich. He told me about some books he found and what he saw at the museum. While we were eating the women walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, I didn't know you were home" Jennifer said coming over to me. I wrapped an arm around her waist as she took the last of my sandwich. I placed a kiss against her lips.

"Yeah, been here for about 30 minutes. Henry and I were chatting, having guy talk right bubs?"

"Right" she rolls her eyes smiling.

"What did you and Derek get into?"

"Oh you know, stuff." I said trying to act like there was something under my nails. Jennifer can read me so well.

"What kinda stuff?" Tara asked. I looked up glaring at her. She smirks.

"Just best friend stuff. Did some shopping for the house at Lowe's. Uh, looked at some paints, stuff like that"

"I thought he had paint already picked out?" Garcia asked.

"Yeah, he didn't like it. Anyways, what did y'all do today?" I asked trying to change the subject. They're always grilling me with my son around.

"Well, we got our nails and toes done. Then we went to get massages and facials." She showed me her nails. "Then, I had a doctors appointment" she said smiling. I frown looking at her.

"Is everything okay? You didn't tell me about a doctors appointment?"

"Everything is good. I'm cleared.." it took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about until my eyes widen.

"Like cleared cleared?"

"2000% cleared" she said smirking at me. She stepped closer to me and slid her hand down, touching me through my pants. I'm so glad we have high counters or everybody would've gotten a show. I cleared my throat taking a sip of water.

"Hey mommy, can I go to Jacks tonight? Jessica is watching him tonight while uncle Aaron goes somewhere" Henry asked Jennifer. THANK GOD.

"That's fine bubs, make sure your room is clean please" he jumped down from the counter and ran off to his room. I stood there with Jennifer and the ladies as they talked some more about their day.

Garcia offered to drop Henry off for us. After everyone was gone, Jennifer and I stood in the kitchen, staring at one another. The sexual tension was thick and might be hard to cut through. I was leaned against the island while she leaned against the counter across from me. We both had smiles on our faces. She had on a tight white shirt and I could see the pudge she now had. Her boobs also looked fuller too. The facial she got making her glow even more.

I was so in love with her and I wish I could marry her thousand times, no limit.

"Why are you staring at me?" She asks.

"Why are YOU staring at ME?"

"Because I love you" I push off the island and go and stand in front of her. I place my hands against her stomach. She drapes her arms over my shoulders.

"Are you sure you're okay? Nothing else is wrong?"

"I'm better. Everything is healed, the baby looks amazing and my bill of health is outstanding. I'm all yours"

"You're all mine"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

AH, DEREK IS PROPOSING! Everyone remain calm, it's okay!

Also.. SMUT IS COMING NEXT CHAPTER 😈

Stay tuned babes 😘💖