Chapter Twenty-Two

I wanna start off by saying thank you! This book has hit a 100k reads 😭🥺 you guys are so amazing and phenomenal. Without you this book would NOT be where it is today. This started off as a one shot and now it's 65 parts long and I'm not even done yet, we probably have about 2-3 more chapters left.

But, once again, thank you. I love you and I appreciate you guys so much! 😘🥰

Enjoy the chapter! ♥️

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

August 11th, 2019
McLean, Virginia
Prentiss-Jareau Estate
12:30PM

Okay, so I'm due any day now. I went to the doctors a few days ago and apparently I am 1cm dilated, which means; I could go into labor at any minute or maybe not. It's just Henry and I today. Emily is in court this morning and will probably be for the rest of the day. She's been doing amazing at the Lawyer job PLUS she looks sexy in her suits. That's my favorite part about this job, she gets a new one every time she wins a case, which is probably almost every week honestly.

I was curled up in bed on the phone with Pen when the pains started, "You okay?" Pen asks when I take a sharp breath in. I rub circles on the stomach trying to ease the pain.

"Yeah, I'm okay. She kicked a rib" I said lying.

"I do not miss those days. I don't think I can do it a second time."

"It's not as bad as the first one. Henry gave me more problems then she did and he's a boy! But, she is Emily's child" we talked for another hour before Henry came running into the room.

"Can I go over to Jacks?" He asked climbed onto the bed.

"Why do you need to go over there?" I asked as he cuddled up against me, my stomach pressed against him.

"Becauseeee, he has this new game he wants to show me, please mommy?! I can even ride my bike there, it's literally two blocks away, please?!" He said pleading.

"Fine, but you're staying on the phone with me the whole ride there, got it?"

"YAY! Thank you!" He kisses my cheek and jumps out of bed, running to his room to get ready. I slowly get out of bed and go into the bathroom. I had a sudden urge to pee. I held my stomach as I made my way to the bathroom. I used the bathroom and washed my hands before grabbing my phone and heading downstairs. I went into the kitchen to grab some water and fruit.

"Okay mommy, I'm ready" Henry said coming into the kitchen. I'm kinda glad he's going to Jacks because I know I'm about to go into labor.

"Okay buddy, have fun snd listen to whatever Uncle Aaron tells you to do. If you're staying the night please call us, I love you"

"I love you too mommy, I'll call you when I get on my bike, see you later ____" he said kissing my stomaching after giving me a hug. He was so excited for his little sister to get here, every night before bed, he comes in and talks to her like she's already here.

I walk with him to the garage so he can get his bike. He jumps on and puts his headphones in, calling me on FaceTime. We got him a phone mount for his bike that he uses. I watch as he rides down the street to Aaron's house. I go back inside and go to the kitchen so I can make me a snack.

Henry and I hang up the phone once I see Aaron on the screen and I know that he's safe. After I eat my lunch, I got back upstairs to take a nap and hopefully the pain will be gone by then.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

I arrived home around 5:35pm from work. The day in court was so draining, I was just ready to see Jennifer and Henry. I laid on my briefcase and keys on the kitchen counter before making my way upstairs. I quietly walked into the room, making my way over to Jennifer's side of the bed. She was curled up with the fan on high. I kicked my shoes off and climbed into bed behind her, she was in a bra and a pair of my boxers. Henry must be gone.

I placed a kiss on her shoulder and snuggled up against her. I moved away when I felt something wet on the bed. I got up and turned the lamp on. My eyes widen when I see what it is. I go around and sit down beside Jennifer so I can see her face. She looks really uncomfortable right now. I rub my finger against her eyebrow trying to relax her.

"Baby.." I whisper into her ear, she moves a little coming closer to me, "baby"

"Hmm?" She says waking up, her face is scrunched up, "You're home"

"I am and guess what?"

"What?"

"Your water broke" she looks at me with wide eyes as she sits up. She sits there for a second before a contraction runs through her. "Contraction?"

"Yeah" she breathes out, wincing. I reach and rub my hand on her stomach as she breathes through the pain.

"Do you wanna shower and everything before we head out? I could use a shower after the long day I had" she nods her head and I stand up, taking her hand as she carefully gets out of bed. I walk behind her as we make our way to the bathroom, I get the shower started as she gets her undergarments off. She steps in while I get undressed.

I climbed in and pull her into my arms. I make sure the water is extra hot as we stand under the water. We get cleaned up as quickly as we can, Jennifer had about 3 contractions while we were in there.

We got out and went into the room getting dressed and packed everything we needed. We headed downstairs after I grabbed everything we needed. We went into the garage and hopped into the new family car we got. The car seat was already installed. I threw the bags in the back before helping Jennifer into the car. 

"You okay?" I asked as I drove to the hospital. I had texted everyone letting them know what's going on before we left. Aaron was going to keep Henry as long as we needed him to.

"Yeah, I'm good, ready to get this part over with" I place my hand on her thigh rubbing it as I drive.

We arrive to the hospital and go to the maternity floor. We called ahead to get her room ready. I got her signed in and the nurse came and got us.

We got settled into the room and Jennifer got hooked up to all the machines to monitor her and the baby.

"How are you feeling baby?" I asked coming back into the room.

"Hey, I'm feeling better now. The doctor said I'm about 7 1/2 cm dilated, so if not tonight, I'll have her early morning." I sat down beside Jennifer, placing my hand on her stomach. She smiled softly at me.

"You ready?"

"I've been ready"

"Well, let's have a baby"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

AHHH THE BABY IS COMING!! Everyone better get to the hospital now and have a gift!

I REPEAT THE BABY IS COMING!

I can NOT wait until you guys see the name they have picked out for the newest arrival and also see the nursery 🥰

Stay tuned for more babes! ♥️