Chapter Twenty-Eight

February 1st, 2017
Washington, D.C.

It has been almost a month since everything happened. Emily is finally healed, we got Henry to a therapist and he's doing really well with everything. And I'm finally back in the office.

We are looking at a few houses today while on my lunch. We wanted something in a gated community with a good school close by and enough space in case we wanted more than one more child. I believe I found the perfect house and hopefully Emily thinks the same thing.

"Mommy!!" I heard being yelled across the bullpen. I had my office door open while Pen and I chatted. I looked out the window and saw Henry and Emily walking in. I got up and grabbed my things to head down. "Hi mommy!" Henry said once he saw me.

"Hi bubs! Did you come to get me?" I said once I made it down the stairs.

"Yup, Emmy and I are ready to look at houses!" I chuckle and grab him from Emily to give him a kiss.

"Hi" Emily said.

"Hi" I smile her way as my eyes run over her outfit. She always looks so delicious in her street clothes.

"Prentiss!" Derek said as he came into the bullpen.

"Hey Derek, what's up?" They give each other a hug.

"When you coming over so we can hang out? I miss my wingman" I clear my throat raising an eyebrow at him. "I mean.. Uh.. My friend?" I roll my eyes at them.

"Well, whenever Jennifer lets me leave the house then that's when" I slap her arm.

"You're free to do whatever you want as long as you come back home to me"

"I'll always come home to you" she leans down and presses a kiss against my lips. We hear Derek gag as we do so, in a brotherly joking manner.

"Y'all are disgusting"

"Oh really? Do we need to talk about how you and Pen are always having phone sex? No matter who's around?"

"You don't even have to do all that JJ" we all talked for a few more minutes before Emily and I headed out to the house I wanted to look at.

"So, how many bedrooms does this one have?" Emily asked as she drove, I open the email the realtor had sent over.

"It has 6 bedrooms, 8 1/2 baths. A basement, two office areas, a swimming pool, can be heated. Uh, OH. A walk in closet, that means I'll be needing more clothes and shoes" I grab her face as I say the last part, she looks at me as she stops at a red light.

"You always need more clothes and shoes"

"Well duh, I'm a woman, I always need clothes and shoes baby" she shakes her head chuckling as she starts driving again, my hand moves to her thigh resting there as I tell her more about the house. Once we arrive we use the temporary gate code to get in.

"Oh, it is beautiful" Emily says as we pull up to the house. We enter the next temporary gate code and drive into the gate of the house. We are doing a self guided tour.

"I know, I love it" we get out of the car and she grabs Henry holding him in her arms so he doesn't run around. We walk around outside first before heading inside. I immediately fall in love all over again at seeing it in person.

"I want this house Emily" I say once we make it back downstairs to the kitchen.

"Are you sure this is the one?"

"Yes, so?" I stand there chewing on my lip as I put on my best begging face, my puppy dog eyes coming out. She finally lets out a sigh.

"Okay, I'll call the realtor once I get back home" I let out a squeal and throw my arms around her neck jumping up and down.

"Thank you thank you thank you!!" She rolls her eyes playfully as she smiles.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

Once I drop Jennifer back off at the office Henry and I actually go up the realtors office so I can sign the papers for the house. I have to admit the house was absolutely amazing, I could see us raising our family there for a while. Plus it's a gated house inside a gated community, only had one previous owner.

"Hi, you must be Jennifer?"

"No, I'm her fiancé Emily"

"Well hello! Let's go to my office"

...

"Yeah mom, we found a house. It was $5M, that was higher than the asking price because Jennifer wanted to keep some of the furniture."

"Oh! That's wonderful! I know Jennifer is excited"

"She is, she's been sending me furniture ideas ever since we looked at it during her lunch" I'm in the home office talking to my mom while Henry is asleep in my lap, I'm doing last minute paperwork on the house.

"I bet she has, she and I will have to go decor shopping once everything is done and ready" we talk for another hour before we hang up and I wake Henry up.

"I'm home!" I hear Jennifer yell out as I stand in the kitchen making us dinner. Henry is down for a nap again, he hasn't been feeling well.

"Kitchen!" I hear the faint noises of her heels being kicked off, her keys hitting the glass bowl we keep by the door, and the sound of the coat closet opening before I hear her feet making their way towards me.

"Hi" she says as she comes over to me.

"Hi baby, how was the rest of work?" She jumps up on the counter. I lean over and press a quick kiss against her lips.

"It was okay. Just trying to catch up on the files in my office, what did you and Henry do today?"

"Well.." I reach into my pocket pulling out a set of keys, I drop them into her hand. "I bought us a house" she looked at the keys then back at me before a smile spread across her face. "She dropped the keys off over an hour ago."

"I love you so much. You're so good to me and I can't thank you enough. I can't wait to start our future in that house" I turn the food on low and step between her legs. She wraps her arms around my neck, her hands locking behind my head. My hands find her thighs rubbing them.

"I love you too Jennifer and you don't have to think me. This is our future, our life now. We make decisions together and we build together." She pulls me down and our lips fuse together as we kiss, my hands rub up under the skirt she's wearing, I feel goosebumps on her skin as I do so.

"She said that we can move in whenever we are ready, everything is good to go. Since we are getting some new furniture I say we donate this stuff or we can sell it then give the money to a charity or something because we don't need it"

"That sounds like a wonderful idea baby" we kiss some more before I pull back to finish our dinner.

Later that night we finally make it to bed, Henry joining us because he said he doesn't spend enough time with us even though we've both been home for months basically, that kid I tell ya.

We eventually all fall asleep, Henry on top of me while Jennifer snuggles up against me. The warmth spreading through my body as I dream about our family and the future.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

AH THEY BOUGHT A HOUSE but which one is it? 👀😈

I'll post the house you guys picked in the chapter after next even though we all know which one won.

The chapter is gonna involve a cute Henry and Emily moment. Maybe even sad 👀🥺

Stay tuned babies, love you with all my heart and if you don't say it back then why are you here?

I better have 400+ comments 💀🙄😤❤️