Chapter Sixteen

December 24th, 2016
Christmas Eve
Prentiss-Jareau Household

It's the day before Christmas and I still haven't gotten Jennifer's main gift, I've gotten her everything else expect for this one thing. I had to make sure I got the perfect one. This is the gift to change everything. I'm currently in my office looking through the virtual store when she walks in, I hurry up and close the webpage.

"Hey Henry and I- What are you doing?" I shrug my shoulders shaking my head.

"Nothing. What are YOU doing?" She raises an eyebrow up at me staring me down. I end up winning of course.

"Henry and I are running to Garcia's house for a few hours."

"Okay, I have a few errands to run anyways" I got up walking over to her. I put my hands on her hips pulling her close to me. "Have fun okay?"

"Always, kiss me" I chuckle and lean down pressing our lips together, she wraps her arms around my neck. My hands slide around her back pulling her closer until we are flush against one another.

"I love you" she blushes.

"I love you too"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"I'm so happy for you guys oh my god! So are y'all an official couple or?" Garcia asks as we sit on her living room floor wrapping gifts.

"No, not yet. Is it wrong for me to want her to asks me officially to her girlfriend? I mean we've already said we love one another and we've kissed and I've met her parents"

"I think it's completely normal to want an actual proposal to be her girlfriend. And also very sweet and cute" I blush and look down.

"I've never felt this way before. Every time I'm around her I get butterflies and my hands get sweaty. She's really an amazing person to be around, Henry loves her more than anything in this world. I thought that I would never get her back.."

"Ugh that's so disgustingly cute"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"Are you sure this is the one mom?" I'm at a jewelry store with my mom looking at promise rings for Jennifer.

"Yes darling, this is the one.." she says looking at it. I have to admit the ring is stunning, it's going to look even better on Jennifer's hand.

"I'll take this one along with that bracelet and those earrings" luckily for me they have Jennifer's size in the ring. After that we decided to go and grab some food.

"I'm so proud of you Emily.. I don't say it enough and I apologize for that but I'm extremely proud of you."

"Thank you mother, that means a lot to me. I want to add Jennifer and Henry to the family name and to my will. If anything ever happens to me I want everything going to them. I trust Jennifer with my life. She is my life. I want to make sure she's taken care of."

"Of course Emily. Your father and I already got the paperwork together, just need you all's signatures"

"You're one of a kind mother, truly amazing"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"So what are you getting Emily for Christmas?" We are sitting on the couch drinking hot chocolate now, Henry is taking a nap in her room.

"I got her adoption papers for Henry.. I want him to be a Prentiss as well. His father gave up his rights when he did what he did, I don't want Henry associated with him anymore"

"Jayje.. That's so beautiful! This is truly the best love story ever to be written or whatever! I'm in love with you guys! I call maid of honor at the wedding"

"Wouldn't have any other way" she pulled me into a hug. We stayed that way for a while until I pulled away.

"What are you getting Derek?" I smirk at her.

"Oh uh.. You know.. Something" she's avoiding eye contact.

"You know Henry told us an interesting story.."

"Oh yeah.. What was that?" She chuckles nervously twirling a piece of her hair around her finger.

"That Derek was over here and you three had a sleepover.. In the same bed." She turns bright red.

"We were reading Henry a bedtime story and he accidentally fell asleep! The story was so good that it put us to sleep" I let out a loud laugh before slapping my hand over my mouth to keep quiet.

"Yeah right. I'm happy for you two, about time y'all stopped playing around" she rolls her eyes.

"ANYWAYS"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

I arrived home around 8 that night carrying a sleeping Henry and bags along with my purse.

"We're home" I call out to Emily. She walks out of the kitchen.

"Hey, here let me grab him" she walks over grabbing Henry from me, he immediately wraps his arms around her neck. He sighs as her scent floats around him. I smile at them. God I love her.

"Hi" she says quietly staring at me. I blush looking at her, I felt like a teenager all over again.

"Hi" I put my things in the hall closet and we head towards Henry's room. We get him changed and tucked into bed before going back downstairs.

"You have fun with Pen?"

"Always, her and Derek are a couple now"

"Oh really? About damn time" I hop up on the counter and watch as she cooks a simple pasta dinner.

"Haha that's what I said" I run my eyes over her. She's wearing some adidas pants with her Yale hoodie. She has her hair up in a ponytail, a few pieces falling down. "Come here" I say to her. She turns the pasta on low and walks over to me. Her hands rest on my thighs as I pull her closer between my legs, my arms going around her neck.

"Have I told you how lucky I am to have you back?"

"Eh, maybe once" I roll my eyes and she chuckles. "No, you tell me all the time baby. I'm so lucky to have you back"

"Kiss me" she runs her hands up my thighs then across my stomach until they rest against my cheek. Her eyes search mine before she leans in kissing me. I sigh into the kiss. I pull back and lean my forehead against hers.

"Take me to bed.." she turns the food off then picks me up carrying me upstairs.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

AHH! A promise ring 👀 CHILE- SO.

I wonder what all they got for Christmas? Should I list what they got or only the big items?

What more do y'all wanna see? Should Emily return to the BAU or do something else?

Stay tuned ♥️🥰