Chapter Thirty-Nine

WARNING: Rated T for tears 🥺

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

July 20th, 2017
Washington, DC
Prentiss-Jareau Household

I've been off work for 10 days now. I started going back to therapy and I got put back on medication. I haven't spoken to Emily yet but she has been busy. It's like I wake up and she's already gone to work, I close my eyes and she's just now getting into bed. I can't even remember the last time we kissed. It's hard trying to take care of a child and also get my mental health together.

Emily is never here anymore. Henry is starting to notice more too. I feel like she's running from me and I don't blame her one bit.. She didn't sign up to deal with my fucked up life.

I'm currently packing Henry a bag. Emily's mom called this morning and wanted to watch him for a few days. Something about her friend coming to visit with her grandson, and I'm not one to turn down an offer either.

"Henry buddy! Grandma Liz will be here soon!" I yelled out downstairs. He was packing his Nintendo switch up. I heard feet on the stairs as he ran up them to get to me.

"Did you pack Emmys bear?"

"I did."

"Will Emmy be here to say bye?"

"I don't-"

"Hey bubblers!" I heard Emily say as she came through the door picking Henry up. She was carrying roses and it took everything in me not to roll my eyes.

"EMMY! You're here!" He said wrapping his arms around her neck. I stood back as I finished packing his bag.

"I'm here, I heard you're going to Grandmas house tonight? Having a party without me?"

"Yeah! She said she's making cookies!"

"Oh that's awesome bubbers, eat some for me and mommy okay?"

"Okay!" She put him down and stood there staring at me. Just as she opens her mouth to speak the doorbell rings. I grab Henry's bag and push past her going downstairs.

....

"Thank you for letting me keep him for a few days"

"Of course Liz, he is your grandson after all" I said handing her his bag. I bent down in front of Henry.

"You be good for grandma Liz okay? Do as you are told and share your toys if someone wants to play with you, got it?"

"Got it, will you call me before bed?"

"Uh duh. I love you"

"I love you too mommy" I gave him a hug and kiss before standing up hugging Liz.

"Just call me before he goes to sleep"

"Of course dear, you take care" I moved past Emily and went back upstairs to our room.

...

"Are y'all okay?" My mom asked me as we both watched Jennifer walk away. I sighed and turned back to her shaking my head.

"Probably not.. I haven't been around a lot lately.. Is there anyway you could keep him until next week?"

"Of course dear, we love having him around. Make things right with her Emily. I love you"

"I love you too mom, thank you" we gave each other a hug and she left. I sighed and made my way upstairs to our room. Jennifer was in the middle of our bed curled up.

"Jennifer.." I said walking over to her.

"Don't." I stopped halfway to the bed. I know she's mad at me and I don't have anything but excuses.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"I wanted to spend time with you.."

"I've been home for 10 days Emily! 10 DAYS! And now you wanna spend time with me?" She rolled over and sat up in bed looking at me. She had tears running down her face already, it broke my heart. I tried to walk closer but she shook her head. "Don't come closer."

"Baby-"

"Don't call me baby. I know life has been hard and I know that you're probably tired of taking care of me and I apologize. I'm trying here and I wish you could do the same. But no, you want to run out and hide from the issue. You don't want to touch me or look at me, when was the last time we kissed? When was the last time you tucked Henry into bed? When was the last time we made love?" I stood there, I didn't have an answer to anything.

"Exactly, I don't know either. Look, maybe we should take a break.. You're obviously too busy with work right now to even give me attention."

"What? No!"

"Yes Emily! I'm not gonna sit in this house all day worrying about you when you can't even worry about me! This relationship is suppose to be 50/50! Are you forgetting all the times I've taken care of you?! Emily I am suppose to be your future wife!"

"I'll cut down my hours at work, I'll be home more."

"No.. We need a break.. I can't- I can't be who I need to be mentally if the only thing on my mind is you and this relationship. I can't be here for the both of us, I can't be here for Henry like I need to. I need to fix myself."

"What are you saying Jennifer?"

"I'm leaving Emily.. I'll come back for Henry in a few days"

"Where are you going?"

"Just know I'll be okay. Maybe after I'm done healing and getting better, we can try again.." I watched as she stood up and walked over to me. She took her engagement ring off and grabbed my hand placing it in my palm. "I really do love you Emily.. And I'm sorry.." I stood still as she went into our closet grabbing an already packed suitcase and her purse.

She left the room and I listened as she grabbed her car keys leaving. I walked over to the bed sitting down. I stared at the ring twisting it around between my fingers. I had tears running down my face.

I really had fucked up this time.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

OH SHIT OH SHIT, EVERYONE PLESE REMAIN CALM. 😖

I have a bad feeling now...

Stay tuned babies 🥴