Chapter Three

Warning: Domestic abuse.

*Domestic violence is a serious threat for many women. Know the signs of an abusive relationship and how to leave a dangerous situation.

*National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (800-799-7233). Call the hotline for crisis intervention and referrals to resources, such as women's shelters.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

I heard my phone ringing in the bedroom but I couldn't bring myself to move. I was frozen in fear and the only person I wanted was across the ocean. I didn't know what to do, we had the weekend off and so did Will. I waited a few minutes before slowly opening the closet door, I saw Will sound asleep on the bed snoring loudly. I grabbed my go bag and phone rushing downstairs. I stepped into the downstairs bathroom to check my features. Thank god. No bruising. I washed my face, made sure my eyes were clear and headed out.

It was 9 o'clock by the time I got to Garcia's. I was so shaken up. "Hey sorry I'm late Garcia, Will was home and wanted to spend time with me. I left my phone in the car."

"It's okay buttercup! I'd be late too if my son was away for the weekend" she nudged my arm winking, I had to keep from making a face. I faked chuckled and poured a shot throwing it back.

It was 11 o'clock when Will started blowing up my phone, demanding to know where I was. I turned it off. I could see Garcia and Tara throw looks my way every so often. I knew I was drinking more than I always do but my emotions were all over the place.

And that's how I ended up crying in Garcia's bathroom over nothing. I cried for her, in my mind. I cried about the missed opportunities and about my fucked up marriage. She took a BIG piece of my heart when she left.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

My body has been off the last few hours, like something is wrong. I couldn't shake the feeling that someone needed me but I couldn't put a finger on who it was. I picked up my phone and found her contact name again. I took a deep breath and dialed it. She probably wouldn't pick up because I have a new number.

"Hi, you have reached SSA Jennifer Jareau. Sorry I can't come to the phone right--" I hung the phone up throwing it on the floor. I sighed and laid back on the couch.

I couldn't get her out of my mind, I should be moving on but I can't. She has a piece of my heart with her and always has. If only I was faster, if only I had spoken up. I've loved her since that first day in Hotch's office.

Her bright smile, soft hands, and that sweet gentle voice. She had on these black slacks, a white long sleeve shirt, and an oversized cardigan. She had such a baby face then. She was so eager to be friends with me. Inviting me to girls night with her and Garcia, making me go shopping with them. We would have Sunday brunch and watch Sex in The City in my bed until the 3 of us fell asleep.

I got up and walked to the kitchen to grab a beer. As soon as I opened the beer my phone started ringing. Me thinking it's Jennifer calling me back I rushed over to my phone picking it up. Not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Baby?" My shoulders slumped when I heard Jessica's voice.

"Hey, what ya doing?"

"Oh nothing. Just taking a quick break to check in with you. I miss you already"

"I miss you too" that was true, I just missed someone always being here with me.

"Are you still coming to have dinner with me tonight?"

"I am, want me to fix you something or buy?"

"Hmm, can you pick up some pasta from that one place?" Jennifer loves pasta too.

"Yeah I can" I sat on the phone listening to her day so far as my finger hovered over Jennifer's name again. I opened up a new message screen, typed it out but deleted it. She's probably enjoying married life, she doesn't need me. Maybe I should move on... I deleted her number but kept it in my recent call log.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Will yelled as soon as I stepped into the house. I jumped closing the door behind me.

"I went to Garcia's house, she wasn't feeling good last night. Plus, you were asleep. Didn't wanna wake you."

"I called you 30 times Jennifer, went straight to voicemail"

"I know I'm sorry Will, I left my phone in the car-" my head went sideways as he slapped me across the face for the second time in 24 hours.. He grabbed my throat slamming me into the wall, my head hit it with so much force I saw stars.

"Leave this house again without telling me and it will be the last thing you do. Do I make myself clear?!"

"Yes!" I said clawing at his hand. I couldn't breathe. He let me go and I gasped for air as I slide down the wall. I pulled my knees to my chest and sobbed. I cried for her, I needed her to save me so bad. My heart is breaking at a faster rate now. I know she hears my cries, it's only a matter of time.

I couldn't call her because her old number was disconnected, I couldn't send a letter because I didn't know where she was at. She could be married with kids. She could be anywhere in this world but I wanted her here with me. I curled up on the floor and closed my eyes as tears ran down my face.

Flashes of memories dancing behind closed eyes.

I don't think I can do this without her...

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

Okay, so I'm really loving this story 😳

So stay tuned for more ♥️