Chapter Twenty-Seven

January 6th, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Prentiss-Jareau Household

Emily has been home for 2 days now. I had to take more time out of the office to take care of her. Henry has been up under her ever since she got home. I think they're both traumatized about what happened. We have to take Henry to therapy next week to talk about everything.

"Mommy?" I heard him say, I was in the home office working on some case files.

"Hey baby, what's up?" He padded over to me and I pulled him into my lap. "You okay?"

"Yeah.. Is Emmy gonna leave us again?" My heart broke at hearing those words, I knew he would struggle with everything. He was too young when Emily first went away but he knew how bad I missed her when she was away, he would ask me questions about her all the time.

"No baby, she's not gonna leave us again. She's staying forever okay? Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah, I love Emmy. She's nice and smells good. Plus, she gets me all the candy and ice cream I want!" I chuckle and run my fingers through his hair. I lean down kissing his forehead.

"Let's go see Emmy" I stood up with him in my arms and we made our way upstairs to see Emily. She was sitting up in bed on her laptop.

"Hey" Her head jerked up at my voice. I placed Henry on the bed then sat down beside her.

"Hey baby, what are y'all up to?"

"Oh nothing. Just checking in on you. My parents will be here soon, are you sure you're up for meeting them right now?"

"Yeah, it's not like they're taking me hiking or anything. I can handle a few questions and a few hours of conversation." I chewed my lip looking at her. I finally sighed.

"Fine, I'm gonna go start dinner, do you need help getting ready?"

"No I got it. I'm kinda already dressed if what I'm wearing is fine?" She was wearing her all black Nike sweat suit.

"Yeah baby, that's fine. You're not here to impress them. Trust me they already like you" I gave her a kiss and left the room, Henry stayed behind with her, I could hear him asking her if they could watch a movie together. Of course she said yes.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

The doorbell rang as soon as I took the lasagna out of the oven, I turned it off and jogged over to the door. I could hear Emily and Henry making their way downstairs.

"Mom, dad!"

"Hey snuggle bug!" My dad said pulling me into a big hug. I laughed hugging him back. He put me down and I hugged my mom.

"PAWPAW!!" I heard Henry yell. He jumped the stairs with Emily getting on to him as he ran to my dad. He jumped into his arms.

"Oh you're getting so big!" Emily finally made it down beside me and I turned towards her checking on her.

"You okay?" I said touching her stomach lightly.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I heard someone clear their throat and I looked up to see my dad watching us.

"Uh, mom, dad. This is Emily Prentiss, my fiancé. Emily this is my dad Jake and my mom Susan." She held her hand out to them.

"It's very nice to meet you both. Jennifer talks highly of you two" my mom pulls her into a hug and I cover my mouth so I don't laugh. I forgot to tell Emily that my mom likes to hug.

"It's so nice to finally meet you sweetheart, I remember you from the wedding but it was only in passing. Are you feeling okay?"

"Yes ma'am, I'm doing okay. Nothing I can't handle" she turned towards my dad.

"I don't like her" he said with a straight face staring at her. My eyes widen looking at him.

"Dad!"

"Jake!"

"Ah, I'm just kidding!" He pulled her into a hug too. My mom and I both letting out big sighs.

"Don't do that again dad! You scared the shit out of me!"

"Mommy said a bad word!" Henry said. I picked him up tickling him. "I'll remember that when you want ice cream later!"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

After dinner we moved to the living room, Jennifer got coffee ready while I took Henry upstairs to get him ready for bed.

"Did he finally go to sleep?" Jennifer asked as I came back into the living room. I took my place beside her on the couch.

"Yeah, after 3 stories" she chuckled as she handed me my coffee. Her parents sat on the loveseat seat we had across from us.

"So Emily, Jenny told us that you ran the Interpol office?" Susan asked. I took a sip of coffee before answering.

"Yes ma'am. I ran it for 4 years with a nice group of people, of course they weren't the BAU team but they were something." Jennifer giggled beside me.

"How was London?"

"It was amazing like always, no matter how many times I go there I always fall in love with it every time"

"Are you still at the BAU?"

"No and I don't plan on going back. I haven't decided on what I wanted to do just yet. I kind of want to take a break and just enjoy life. I've worked ever since college and the last few years have been crazy and busy, especially since I've been back in the states. I want to focus my time and energy on Henry and Jennifer if we are begin honest. They are my priority at the moment."

"Jenny told us what you did for them and I can't thank you enough for saving my little girl" Jake said "If it weren't for you I think we would be meeting in a different way."

"Like I tell everyone else, you'll do anything for love. Even getting shot by a crazy ex that can't take no for an answer" we all laughed at that. We spent the rest of the night talking until I started to feel the pain of my recent bullet wound.

Jennifer and I made our way upstairs so I could take my pain pill and get ready for bed. She helped me change into some boxers and a sports bra before changing the bandages on my stomach.

"I love you Emily"

"I love you too Jennifer, more than words can express" we kissed each other goodnight and laid down snuggling one another as we drifted off to sleep.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

The family introductions are finally over.

Next, the girls will be looking for a new house, Emily helpfully figures out what kind of work she wants to do, and the wedding planning is coming soon!

What color or theme should the wedding be?

Hope you guys are enjoying 💖