Joyride

"This is the living room," Hunter said, leading the others inside. "We call it that because it's technically living. You can see the walls breathing if you look really closely."

Willow peered closer. "Enchanting."

"And look at all of these human treasures!" Gus exclaimed, rifling through one of Eda's chests.

Amity did a spin in the center of the room, letting out a dreamy sigh. "It feels so much like a home. I'm in love with this place."

"Yeah, you'll be eating your words when Hooty's waking you up at the crack of dawn asking if you want to hear his stories," Hunter told her. "Anyways!" He picked up a bowl filled with cheese puffs. "We've got snacks! We've got music! Add a bunch of friends, and we're all set for tonight's Moonlight Conjuring!"

Willow noticed a bunch of flowers. "Since it's our first time, we should pick something meaningful to animate," she said. "Something beautiful."

"What about this strangely buff little man?" Gus asked, waving around an action figure.

Hunter pointed to it. "That! Perfect!"

Amity raised an eyebrow. "I... don't think that's what Willow meant."

Gus gave the girls puppy eyes.

"Okay, we can animate the buff man," Willow agreed.

"YES!" Hunter pumped his fists.

"Tonight he shall be risen!" Gus declared.

Amity rolled her eyes. "Boys."

Eventually, the four of them settled into a circle surrounding the action figure.

"According to the conjuring books I've read, we need to join hands and make a connection with the doll," Willow said, she and Amity taking Hunter and Gus's hands.

"Figurine," Gus corrected.

The three witches closed their eyes and started to chant. "Moonlight call, we sing. Moonlight, take this chance. Moonlight, tie the string---"

"And I don't know the words," Hunter mumbled as he attempted to chant along with them.

Apparently, that was enough, since a silver-blue glow surrounded the four of them. A burst of energy the same color rippled through the room, blowing out all of the candles.

Hunter looked up, carefully letting go of the girls's hands. "Did it work?"

A rumbling started below their feet, then the house lurched, sending them all rolling into different parts of the living room while screaming.

"What the fuck?" Hunter shrieked. "Did the entire house just hiccup?"

Gus grabbed the action figure. "Little buff guy, what did you do?"

Amity's eyes widened. "Oh no."

"Oh no, what?"

"We must've animated the house by accident!" Willow exclaimed as it started to move.

"The house?" Hunter raced outside and threw open the door, only to almost walk off a newly-created cliff. His mouth fell open as he noticed two huge owl legs underneath the rock that the Owl House sat on.

He turned to Hooty, whose eyes were glowing silvery-blue. "Hooty! Hooty, you have to stop!"

"By the power of moonlight, I have risen, hoot hoot!" Hooty croaked.

Gus waved his hand in front of the owl's face. "He's in some sort of trance."

"Well, whatever it is, we need to stop it before he sends us off of that cliff!" Amity exclaimed, rushing out with Willow. "Everyone, hold hands again!"