Two Spells

After the whole Bat-Queen incident, Hunter had hoped to get a little relaxation in before school started. Unfortunately, he and King ended up getting into a writer's debacle that nearly ended with them getting killed by a publisher, so he decided to just forget about R&R and focus on what Hexside had to offer for the time being.

King slapped the pamphlet out of Hunter's hands. "Less read-y, more scratchy!"

"Sorry, fuzzball, but this is a little too important right now," Hunter said, picking it back up. "I'm going into magic school, so I gotta learn everything it has to offer." He leaned back on the couch with a sigh. "King, I got a new crush---and his name is Magic Education."

King took a bite of the pamphlet itself.

"Hey, freeloaders!" Eda sang, kicking the door to the Owl House open. "Guess what day it is!"

"Your birthday?" Hunter guessed.

King sat up. "Is it my birthday?"

"It's my birthday!" Hooty said cheerfully.

"No!" Eda twirled into the house and summoned the portal. "It's Human Treasure Day!"

Owlbert dragged a huge load of trash into the living room, where Eda instantly jumped on top of it.

"Yes!" King ran over and pulled a teddy bear out of it. "Another worthy addition to my army of terror!"

Eda snapped her fingers. "Yo, kid. Your trash pile's getting cold---while mine is getting hot." She pulled out a clothing hanger. "I have never seen such an extravagant earring!"

"Eh, you can have my trash," Hunter said absently, then sat bolt upright. "DUDE! Hexside was built on the bones of its rival school! One it literally conquered! That is the most metal thing I have ever heard!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know all those things," Eda reminded him, checking herself out in a mirror. "I went there---and it was the most harrowing period of my life."

"God, can you imagine?" Hunter said, hugging the pamphlet to his chest. "Me, wandering the halls of Hexside, studying with Willow and Gus and Amity and maybe even---" His eyes widened. "Shit!"

"What now, kid?"

"I totally forgot!" Hunter exclaimed, grabbing his bag and stuffing the pamphlet inside. "Me and Edric are supposed to meet so I can get my Casey Cane book back!"

"But what about your trash?" Eda said.

He ran out the door. "Don't need any! Byeeeeeee!"

...................

"Edric, Edric, Edric," Hunter murmured, looking around the marketplace. "Gotta find that---"

He spotted Ed in the middle of the market, wearing an outfit not dissimilar to the one he'd met Emira in. The only real difference was that it didn't have a jewel and he wasn't wearing shorts, plus he had a little purple necklace on.

"Hey! Ed!" Hunter called, waving. "Sorry I'm late, I totally---"

Emira popped up in front of him. "Hey, Hunter!"

"ACK!" He fell backwards.

"Whoops," Amity said, leaning over him. "Guess you're still a little on edge."

"Oh my Titan, guys, leave him alone," Edric sighed, running over and helping Hunter up. "Sorry about that. They insisted on coming for some reason."

"Because we wuv you, Eddikins!" Emira sang.

Edric pushed her away. "Yeah, that one's been extra nice and protective towards me to make up for the... uh, the Chimera Incident."