(S2) Deadly Deal

"It finally happened!" Gus cried, throwing his hands into the air. "Our memorable adventures finally caught up to us! My dad can't find out about this!" He picked a leaf up from the ground. "I guess I'll have to start surviving off the land."

He started to lick it, then threw it back down. "Ah, this is impossible!"

Willow hugged one of the trees. "I guess this is goodbye," she told it. "I'll water you one last time---with my tears."

Hunter rubbed his face with a groan, cursing himself for being so optimistic. You fucking jinxed yourself, Noceda. When will you learn that you'll never have peace?

He got jerked out of his thoughts the minute he spotted the Blights walking out the doors.

"HEY!"

Odalia turned around.

"How fucking dare you mess with my friend's lives?" Hunter spat, folding his arms. "What have we ever done to you?"

She looked him up and down as Alador spotted a butterfly thing and started to follow it around. "Hunter, was it? Please, this wasn't personal---I actually appreciate your tenacity. We're just trying to teach our son a valuable lesson in business."

"Uh, yeah, last time I checked, it was Amity and Emira who were inheriting your business, not Edric," Hunter snapped. "He was supposed to be forced into the Emperor's Coven per your status-obsessed rules. And even if your excuse wasn't absolute shit, why the fuck do you think this changes things? We're still gonna be friends with him! Hell, we're still gonna be friends with Amity!"

Odalia raised an eyebrow. "You're a bit too foul-mouthed for a boy your age, but I think I see your point." She smacked the butterfly thing that Alador was entranced by out of the air, then pulled a business card out from his coat pocket. "If you're interested in talking things through, I'm sure we can come to some kind of agreement."

Hunter took the shiny purple business card out of her hands.

"GUS CHOMP!"

Gus instantly grabbed it with his teeth, then spit it out onto the ground.

"Come on, Hunter," Willow said, putting an arm around him and glaring at Odalia. "We can figure this out on our own."

"That's right!" Gus crowed, folding his arms. "We'll get back into Hexside or die trying!"

Willow gave him a look. "No one's dying."

"Not with that attitude," he muttered as they walked away.

Odalia smirked. "Yes, well, when that doesn't work, you know where to find us." She led Alador away.

"GUYS!"

Amity skidded out of the doors, then raced down the stairs. "I came as soon as I heard the news! What do you need me to do?"

"You don't have to do---" Hunter started.

"Of course I have to do something!" she exclaimed. "You just got expelled! Mom orchestrated it! And Dad lost all of his Cool Parent Points for the month for letting it happen! You mark my words, everyone, I will be getting you back into school!"

Willow looked over at Hunter. "It couldn't hurt to let her try, you know. She's amazing at arguing, and Bump's obviously really upset that we're gone."

"Oh, trust me, it won't take much convincing," Amity said, grinning. "I saw him crying into a photo album open to a page about you three---well, us four, really, but since I'm still standing, I'm not the one he's upset about. This'll be a snap."