Training Montage

As Boscha came down the front steps of the school, Willow gave Hunter a frantic look. "Hunter! What are you doing?"

"Following Ed's advice," he answered. "Boscha only speaks in grudgby terms, right? Trust me, I have a plan." He adjusted his cowl and walked over to Boscha, who was spinning a grudgby ball around on one finger.

She gave Hunter a glare as she caught it in both hands. "Okay, maybe it's the altitude of the second floor, but I thought I heard you say that Leaf Girl wanted to challenge me to a grudgby match."

"You heard right." Hunter cracked his knuckles. "We'll settle this once and for all on the field."

"Ooooooor we could just talk about our issues," Willow said, running over.

Boscha laughed. "As if! Let's do this!"

A pained smile crossed Willow's face. "Oh no."

"If we win, you don't get to pick on Willow anymore," Hunter told Boscha, putting an arm around Willow. "And the same goes for Gus and Amity. I know for a fact that you're nasty to my best Blight girl."

"Okay, but when we win," Boscha said, sounding all the world like Edric did when Hunter had challenged him to that witch's duel way back when, "me and my team get to use your team as water gofers."

Hunter snorted. "That's not even a punishment. I love water."

"I wasn't done." She tossed her ball up into the air. "We also get to use you as target practice."

She kicked the ball right into the nearest tree, and it went right through, leaving a sizeable hole. As Hunter watched, the tree burst into flames.

"See you after school, losers!" Boscha sang, walking off.

The group walked back to the front steps, Gus still wearing the trash can. Hunter let out a sigh and took it off of him.

Edric raced over. "Hunter, this is not what I was talking about! This is a horrible idea!"

"Yeah, I've never even played grudgby before!" Willow added. "How am I supposed to beat Boscha?"

"You might not be the star captain, but you are the better witch," Hunter told her. "I know negative zero about sports, but my mom watches sports movies all the time, and I've memorized the plot structure by now. We're the underdogs, and we're teaming up to defeat a powerful enemy---and with some luck and training, we'll beat their smug little asses!"

He gave his friends a confident grin.

Willow hesitated. "Well, if you think this'll work... I'm in. How about you, Gus?"

"In seasons past, these flags have waved in support of grudgby greats," Gus said, holding up his beloved blue flags. "Now, they will wave for the greatest!" He beamed, twirling them around. "Meeeeee!"

"I do have some experience with playing grudgby," Amity mused. "And I'd love it if me and Willow didn't have to deal with Boscha's crap anymore." She shrugged. "Yeah, what the hey? I'll do it."

"Great!" Hunter gave her a high-five. "What about you, Edric?"

Edric froze. "M-me? On a team with---with you? Running around in---in cute uniforms? Sweating, even?" His face turned a shade of red that rivaled that of the Bard track uniform. "I GOTTA GO!" he shouted, running off.

"Huh." Hunter shrugged. "I guess he's out, then."

"We already have our four," Amity said, a little smirk on her face. "And considering the... emotional state that Edric's in, I don't think he'll be a help."