(S2) Broken Light

After what seemed like ages of walking through the tunnels, they finally emerged into a space filled with an odd blue substance dangling from the walls.

"Is this... Titan's Blood?" Eda murmured, looking around.

Edric checked the map, furrowing his brow. "Eclipse Lake's further up ahead, though—"

"Who cares?" King crowed. "We did it!"

"No, you didn't!" Luz said, eyes widening. "Didn't you do any research before coming here? That's Fool's Blood! If you touch it—"

"Oh, trying to keep all of it for yourself, huh?" Eda guessed. "Nice try." She slammed her staff onto one of the giant droplets of blood.

The ground started to shake.

A giant chasm opened up below Eda's feet, sending her and King screaming into the abyss.

"No!" Edric leaped onto his staff, ready to dive below.

"Wait!" Luz cried. "Take me with—"

"Yoo-hoo, Golden Guard," a familiar voice sang.

The two turned around to see the shadow of Kikimora coming through the tunnel... heading straight for them.

Luz looked back at Edric, a desperate look in her eyes. "Just—untie me at least, okay? So I can escape?"

Edric faltered. "I..."

"Please." She started to shake a little. "I—I don't wanna be replaced."

You're lucky you're so small, Edric thought begrudgingly, doing a spell circle and causing the ropes to vanish. Luz rubbed her arms, a tiny smile starting to spread across her face.

"So... where will you go now?"

"Now—"

Luz swung her leg to the side, knocking Edric off of his feet.

"I get to Eclipse Lake before anyone!" she crowed, hopping into a nearby mine cart. "Buh-bye, suckaaaaaaaa!"

As she sped off, Edric realized that he had just been duped via the exact same trick that Amity had used on him every time she snuck out, solidifying in stone that his suspicions were right. "You little shi—"

A spear got pointed at his throat. He slowly looked up to see Kikimora standing on top of one of the Abomatons, surrounded by Coven scouts.

"Well, would you look at this, Captain?" Kiki sneered. "We found our little firestarter."

One of the Coven scouts snatched Edric's staff from his hands. "Hey!" he shouted, reaching for it. "Give Batrick back!"

Another scout yanked his arms back down.

"So, the Golden Guard is also looking for Titan's Blood, and she went to Eclipse Lake?" Kikimora let out a triumphant laugh. "HA! I knew it! That little snake is always making me look bad—well, now, I can get my REVENGE!"

The captain nervously cleared her throat. "Ma'am, what about the Titan Blood?"

Kikimora blinked. "Oh, yes, I'll get that too." She clapped her hands.

As the Abomaton she was standing on transformed into a minecart (instantly giving Edric a buttload of questions to ask his dad), Kikimora let out a sadistic little chuckle. "This is going to be a good day."

"And... what should we do with the boy?" the captain asked.

"Oh, him." Kikimora paused. "Hmm. I don't care."