Library Of Minds

Edric looked around at the now-familiar space. "So... this is the Owl House?"

Hunter nodded. "Yep. Home sweet home."

"And... you sleep here?"

"When the night critters allow me to," Hunter said matter-of-factly. Edric didn't press further.

"So, you set Amity's memories on fire and erased everything," Eda concluded. "Even minor damage can have huge effects."

Amity gasped. "Oooh! Chair for sitting!" She flopped onto the couch, then flipped around so her head was dangling off of the edge.

Eda nodded. "Yep, her brain's burned up real good. Damage like that can change everything about a person. Amity may never be the same."

Edric sheepishly put on his hood, looking like he wanted to disappear.

"Hey! I got it!" Amity said happily, now sitting upright. She noticed King and picked him up. "Huh. Furry fruit. I'm gonna peel it."

King's eyes widened as she tugged at his fur. "What. What is happening."

"Nap time!" Eda shot a sleep spell at Amity, hitting her right in the head. She let out a sigh and fell down on the couch, a dreamy expression on her face.

"Sleep spell," King mumbled, curling up next to her.

Eda folded her arms. "Hey, I didn't cast it on you---"

"Doesn't matter." He started to snore.

Hunter waved his hand, getting Eda's attention. "Is there any way we can fix it? At this rate, my first interaction with Amity's girlfriend is absolutely going to be her trying to kill me."

Eda furrowed her brow in thought. "Well, there is a way, but it's terribly dangerous and partially illegal." She beamed. "So you're in the right place! I'll send you into her mind to fix the damage."

In spite of everything, Hunter's spirits soared. "Oh my---I've been wanting to do this my entire life! Thank you, Boiling Isles!"

"It won't be easy," Eda reminded him, her tone turning serious. "You'll have a lot to fix in there, since it's a mess."

"Oh. Right."

"Yep, whoever did this to Amity showed unbelievable disregard for her safety. Downright despicable." Eda snapped her fingers at Edric, whose face was almost entirely hidden by his hood by now. "Oh, right! It was you!"

Edric mumbled something about already feeling guilty.

"Anyways..." Eda rubbed her hands together. "Who's going in with you, Hunter?"

The door to the Owl House swung open. "Maybe I could help!" Hooty chirped. "I'm pretty good at getting stuck inside people's heads!"

Eda closed the door with a flick of her finger. "This is someone's brain, not a nightclub. Two, max."

Hunter looked over at Gus, who was busily pacing in front of the corkboard. "I'm running out of time!" he whispered frantically. "I'm in total freefall!" He stopped and reached for a book labeled Raising The Dead. "Must I turn to forbidden sources?"

"Yeah, I think Gus has a lot on his plate," Hunter decided. "And Willow's out sick, so..." He let out a sigh. "Edric, you have to come with me."

Edric faltered. "Mittens... might not want me in there."

"You set everything in there on fire!" he reminded him. "You have to help." He extended his hand. "C'mon, Ed. This is your chance to do right by your sister."