On Wednesdays, We ARE Pink

"Eda, this is insane! It's my first official grudgby season!" Hunter cheered as he and Eda landed in front of Hexside---which was decked out in support of the Banshees. "I've got more school spirit than the frigging school spirits!"

One of the school spirits threw their pom-poms onto the ground, moaning about why they even bothered.

Eda let out a happy sigh. "Ah, grudgby season is the best. I actually used to play, back in my gory days."

"You mean glory days?"

"Hmm, yeah, that too." She tossed her hair. "I was unstoppable on the field! I had the best moves---and the best cheats!"

Hunter raised an eyebrow. "If you had the best cheats, that means that you probably weren't all that good."

"Ah, what do humans know with your goodie-goodie attitude?" Eda scoffed. "If cheaters never prosper, how come I was the star player?"

"Welp, can't reason with crazy." Hunter pulled King out from his hood and set him on the staff. "See ya, fuzzball."

King let out a sleepy mumble in response.

All through class, Hunter seemed to be the only one who was actually excited. Even during History, where half the class was about to fall asleep from the teacher's lecture about the head witches of each coven, he was wide awake and practically bouncing in his seat.

"God, I can't wait for grudgby season to officially start," Hunter sighed. "I've studied up on every single magical sport."

Gus perked up. "Like what?"

"Like Bloodball, for one!" He pulled out his copy of the second Casey Cane. "In this one, Casey has to investigate a series of murders that are going down at a Bloodball championship, and she ends up having to compete in order to get the scoop. It's super duper engaging, and Bloodball has really cool rules."

"The Council headquarters was built and paid for by... anyone?" the teacher droned, looking around the classroom. "Willow?"

The green-haired girl snapped to attention. "Oh---the Pixie Dust Taxes, right?"

The teacher actually smiled. "Impressive, Miss Park."

Everyone cheered in response, causing Willow to blush a little.

Hunter's eyes widened. "Wait---are you actually popular, Willow?"

"A little, I guess," she admitted. "I mostly hang out with you guys and all, but I get along well with other people. Besides, I'm not feeling as stressed since Gus and Amity don't have as much on their plate now."

"Well, you deserve all the love," Hunter told her, giving her a friendly nudge.

Willow's hair clip suddenly floated out of her hair and into---ugh---Boscha's hands.

"Awwwww, Little Willow's all confident now," she sneered. "How cute."

Hunter twisted around in his seat. "Willow is a cute little muffin, but if you don't give that back right now, I'm gonna smack the everloving shit out of you."

Boscha didn't seem bothered by that. "Y'know, it's weird that Edric Blight of all people hangs out with you guys now," she said. "He's been getting soft ever since Grom. But don't worry---I'm still here to show you who's boss." She put on Willow's hair clip with the smuggest grin.

Amity walked over, pulled it off, and handed it back to Willow. "Here. And ignore her. I've been doing that for years."

Boscha narrowed all three of her eyes. "Oh? The friends wanna get in on this, too, huh?" She drew a spell circle, causing Willow's bag to fly up in the air---and then dump everything onto their heads.