(S2) Infomercial Gauntlet

"We have a LOOOOOOONG night ahead of us, folks!" Odalia announced to the cheering crowd. "Welcome back to Blight Industries!"

Hunter, who was currently surrounded by a bunch of Abominations and Abomination stuff that looked pretty deadly, swallowed in mild fear. Bright, peppy music began to play, reminding him all the world of those lame infomercials back home... only this one was probably a lot more dangerous.

"Soooo, Alador," Hunter said casually, looking over at the better of the two Blight parents (not like that was saying much, but he was apparently chill most of the time). "What would you say is the specialty of Blight Industries?"

"We make a number of Abomination-based accessories for home security," he responded.

"Oh." Hunter let out a sigh of relief. "That sounds pretty safe."

"But we specialize in weaponry," Alador continued, following the majority of the Abominations offstage. "You might want to duck."

A glob of Abomination goo slammed into Hunter, sticking him right to the wall. He wiped the goo off his face to see that Odalia was pointing a goddamned gun thing at him.

"Yes, our Sticky Launcher can peacefully subdue any foe!" she declared. "And if peaceful isn't your thing..." She turned up a little meter on the gun thing and pointed it to the ceiling as a burst of green flame came out from it.

At that moment, Hunter realized that if he wasn't going back to school, it was most likely because he was gonna die tonight.

.................

"Mom?" Edric called, taking off his cowl. "I'm ready for the show tonight! Mom?"

He noticed a note sticking to one of the shelves and pulled it off.

Found a replacement! ---Mom

Edric's eyes widened. "Did anyone come to the house today?" he asked, spinning around to the butler.

His eyes traveled upward and noticed the five-pointed star in a circle drawn on its head. Hunter.

Over at Willow's house, her fathers were taking a much better approach to her expulsion than she'd expected.

"To make sure you're getting a top-notch education, we're quitting our jobs to homeschool you," Harvey said, setting a stack of books down on Willow's desk.

Gilbert patted his husband's shoulder. "And we'll spend all of our free time having fun as a family. How does that sound?"

"Fine," Willow mumbled, still feeling a little guilty.

"See you at first light for a test on... uh..." Harvey picked up one of the books. "The life cycle of a common swamp toad!"

Once they left, Willow's shoulders slumped. She knew that it wasn't really her fault that she'd gotten kicked out of school, but the fact that her dads felt the need to quit their jobs just made her feel gross.

A little illusion of Gus popped up on the stack of books. "Willow! Hey, Willow!" he said, pointing towards the window.

Willow started to make her way towards it, then stopped as Gilbert opened up the door again. "Hey, Willow, I---"

He spotted the illusion of Gus, then gave her a smile. "Shh," he said, closing the door.

Willow opened up the window to see Gus and Edric standing down below.

"Hunter's in trouble!" Edric whisper-screamed.

Gus rolled his eyes. "Again."

After Willow snuck out, the three of them made their way as fast as they could to Blight Industries. Inside the factory, the sound of weapons firing ricocheted off the walls, as well as Hunter's loud screams and incredibly creative suggestions as to what Odalia could do with said weapons.