(S2) Time For A Heist

After Hunter dropped that bombshell, everyone got into action. Everything from construction supplies to potions to contraband fireworks from Emira (reinforcing her status as the coolest sixteen-year-old girl Hunter knew) had to be found, bought, or stolen in order to pull the plan off, and they all had to be absolutely worth it.

"Okay, gang," Hunter said, clapping his hands. "Let's go over the plan one more time."

He pulled over a whiteboard filled with illustrations. "Hooty and King, you two pilot the float from the inside. Once you reach the halfway point, you set off all of the glyphs, potions, fireworks, whatever—anything for a distraction."

King looked like he was going to explode with excitement. "With my love of mayhem and Hooty's desperate need for attention, this'll be a big one!"

Hooty nodded, his bones shaking like a maraca as he did.

Ignoring the horrifying sound, Hunter returned to relaying the plan. "Once Kikimora sends off the guards to investigate, that's when me and Eda obscure the stage and nab her and Raine. Coven can't banish Kikimora if she's missing, so she won't get into trouble with Emperor Fuckweed, and Eda gets her datefriend back. Win-win for Kiki and romantic as fuck for the Owl Lady."

Eda blushed slightly. "Oh, come on, it's not that romantic—"

"Witch, this is peak of Mount Romance," Hooty hooted.

"Hooty, what do you know about romance?" King said.

"I've been around!"

Hunter reached into his pocket for his phone, but ended up grasping at air. Must've left it at the Owl House.

..................

"I can't do it," Amity panted, dropping to her knees. "It's hopeless."

"You're hopeless," Willow informed her, holding up her weights above her head. "I don't think you've worked out a day in your life."

Amity gave her a tired look. "I'm going to shove those into your mouth, Park."

"How? You can't even pick them up."

Knock-knock.

Willow set her weights down and opened the door. "Oh! Hi, Ed!"

"He's not allowed in my room!" Amity said, springing to her feet.

Edric walked in anyway, raising an eyebrow at the exercise equipment on the floor. "Titan, Willow, have you been trying to get Mittens into shape? Do I need to film this?"

Amity rolled her eyes. "Oh, shush." She noticed her brother's nervous expression. "Uh... you doing okay?"

"So, Hunter's been acting super weird," Edric said in a rush, holding out a familiar, bright red object. "Emira just texted that she sold those fireworks I made to King, so they're obviously planning something really dumb, and Hunter left his phoone—uh, phun?—his human-version-of-a-scroll at school, and I think he's lying about his trip to the human realm, and I don't know why, and—" He flopped down onto Amity's bed and screamed into one of the pillows.

Amity stared at him. "You need to slow down for us."

Edric sat back up. "Hunter said that he hasn't used the portal door yet, but I just—I get the feeling that he's lying. And I can find out the truth by watching this." He held up Hunter's phone, displaying a video on pause. "But I don't wanna invade his privacy like that... I mean, would you?"

Willow let out a little eh as she waved her hand back and forth.

Amity bit her lip, thinking back to all those times that Luz just clammed up when she'd asked her about the Emperor's Coven. The information that she dropped every now and then was enough to make her piece together what it was like for her, and though Amity wouldn't stoop to snooping on her girlfriend... sooner or later, she needed to get her to open up. Really open up. They'd been dating for almost a year and she still hadn't gotten a clear answer about how Luz really felt about her father.