(S2) Blight Industries

Witches and demons wearing green cloaks filed into the gigantic factory, a few of them nodding at the two girls standing at the gates. The one with the green braid drew a spell circle and caused a little Hex Me! sign to appear on the back of one of the visitors, sending the one with purple hair into a giggle fit.

The minute the last of the visitors arrived, a spotlight landed on two people on the stage, both wearing green cloaks.

"Welcome, valued investors, to our annual..."

Odalia Blight whipped off her cloak with a beam as upbeat music started to play. "Blight Industries private sale!"

Her husband Alador attempted to do the same dramatic cloak removal, but he ended up getting it caught in his face and falling over. He got back up with a bleary-eyed expression.

"If you're interested in reliable home security, we're here to help," Odalia announced, keeping that smile on her face. "And if you've got an enemy or two---well, who are we to judge?"

Laughter rippled through the crowd.

She gestured to Alador. "This is my husband, Alador Blight---the greatest Abomination creator of this era. My name is Odalia, and as an Oracle, I predict that you'll love what we've got in store for you tonight!" She and Alador walked off to the side of the stage. "We are proud to present the first glimpse at our crowning achievement---the Abomaton Soldier!"

The stage opened up and a platform rose into view, containing an Abomination in armor and Edric, the latter of which displayed it with cheer that was very clearly sarcastic. The crowd went wild.

"It will pour your tea! Help you keep up with the latest trends! And best of all, it will help defend you against any unwanted visitors!"

As Edric and the Abomaton went into a fighting stance, Odalia's voice echoed in his mind as his purple necklace glowed.

Mama to Ricky! Remember our deal! Make this look good, and we'll forgive your lackluster performance in school lately.

"Sure thing, Mom," Edric muttered, then turned on Acting Mode.

One of the Abomaton's fists flew at him as he let out an over-the-top gasp. "Oh my Titan, it's soooo fast and strong! Order now!"

An appreciative murmur ran through the crowd as the Units Ordered meter grew. The Abomaton grabbed Edric and held him up over its head.

"Oh, no!" Edric said dramatically, covering his face. "It's---it's undefeatable! How will I ever escape!"

A picture fell out of his pocket---the picture. He inhaled sharply as the Abomaton started to step on it.

Acting on pure instinct, he summoned a glowing blue knife and sliced through its arm, then used a giant astral hand to backhand it across the stage.

That instantly killed the crowd's excitement. Everyone started to leave.

"O-oh!" Odalia rushed back onstage. "Of course, that was just a beta test! We can't wait to see you all next week when we reveal the---the, uh, finished product in all its glory!"

After everyone left, she whirled back around. "Edric! You just cost us a lot of money! What's with you lately!"

Edric stood up and stared down at the photo, smiling. It was the one that Hunter had taken with him at Grom, and Amity, Willow, and Gus were photobombing it---Willow holding up a couple peace signs, Gus cheering into his microphone, and Amity sticking her tongue out and doing that rude human hand gesture.