U.A FILE #47 - Light Up

"Hey, listen up! I can be a cool teacher but you have to listen to me too."

GENERAL

Name: Hyuu Jono (飛有 如之)
Alias: Funky Hero: Light Up (ファンキーヒーロー:ライト⋆アップ | Fankī Hīrō: Raito ⋆ Appu)
Nicknames: None
Age: 31
DOB: 12/17
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Blood Type: AB
Height: 1m85
Weight: 91 kg
Hair: Black and Green
Eyes: Green
Special physical features: None

Gender: Male
Orientation: Bisexual
Marital Status: Single
Occupation: Pro Hero and Teacher at U.A
Place of Birth: Arashiyama, Kyoto
Ethnicity: Japanese

Department: Heroes
Year: First year
U.A Occupation: English Teacher
Pro Hero License: Yes

PERSONALITY

"Hey, my costume was kinda cool when I was young!"

Q U A L I T Y | F L A W

✔ | Optimistic | Easygoing | Confident | Self-Determinated | Energetic |

✖ | Unpredictable | Impressionable | Emotional | Impatient | Eccentric |

L I K E S
◇ Lights
◇ Being the center of attention
◇ Rap / Hip Hop
◇ Frogs

D I S L I K E S
◇ Yellow
◇ Classic music
◇ Being alone
◇ Dark

R E C A P

Hyuu is an optimistic and eccentric man, behaving as if he was still 20 years old, even if it means looking ridiculous sometimes. His very cool and fun temperament makes him very appreciated as a teacher even if he sometimes has difficulty being respected in class.

Despite his age, Hyuu is still interested in "youth" music like rap and hip hop and loves being the center of attention. On the other hand, he is a bit shy despite his age and really doesn't like being in the dark.

PERSONAL LIFE

B I O G R A P H Y

Hyuu is the only son of a prestigious and well-respected pro-hero family. From a young age, he was groomed by his parents to follow in their footsteps and become a pro-hero himself. However, Hyuu's free-spirited and eccentric personality often clashed with the strict educational regime imposed upon him, leading to frequent reprimands and disagreements with his parents. At a turning point in his life, Hyuu made the impulsive decision to run away from home with the aspiration of becoming a DJ instead of a pro-hero. It was during his escape that he had a near-fatal accident with a truck, which was narrowly avoided thanks to the intervention of a pro-hero. This experience was a wake-up call for Hyuu, reigniting his passion for heroism and leading him back to his family with a newfound determination to succeed as a hero. He went on to attend U.A. High School for Heroics, where he formed close bonds with two fellow students, Nocturn and NightClaw. After graduation, Hyuu ventured abroad to the United States to broaden his horizons and escape the judgment of his family regarding some of his life choices. However, after several years, he received news of Nocturn and NightClaw becoming teachers at U.A., leading him to return to Japan and join them in their teaching endeavors, much to the delight of the Principal.

R E L A T I O N S H I P S

Father: Jimmu Jono - Pro Hero
Mother: Mitsuki Jono – Pro Hero
Brother(s)/Sister(s): None
Best friends:
Nocturn, NightClaw
Friends: Model R
Crush:
Model R, Nocturn
Rival:
None
Nemesis:
None

QUIRK

"I'll light you up to protect those children!"

Type: EmitterRange: Medium RangePrimary Role: Control / SupportFighting Style: Ranged + Support Combat

Type: Emitter
Range: Medium Range
Primary Role: Control / Support
Fighting Style: Ranged + Support Combat

Stats:
Power: 3/5 | C
Speed: 4/5 | B
Technique: 6/5 | S
Intelligence: 4/5 | B
Cooperativeness: 4/5 | B
Quirk Control: 5/5 | A

A B I L I T Y | S K I L L S

Name: Light Projection

Description: Light Projection allows Light Up to create constructs of solid green light from his eyes and fingertips. The complexity of these light constructs depends on Light Up's imagination and can be projected as far as he can see.

Drawbacks: The strength of these constructs depends as much on the distance at which they are created as the concentration of Light Up. Also, the more complex a construct is, the harder it is to maintain. Finally, without specific equipment, it is much more difficult for Light Up to master the power and complexity of its constructs.

H E R O S U I T | I T E M S
◇ A pair of green sunglasses used to channel his quirk that he usually wears under a black cap.
◇ A green sleeveless T-shirt with his logo on the chest that he usually wears under a small black jacket.
◇ A large black baggy to which he usually hangs flashy accessories.
◇ Black high-top sneakers with green soles and black gloves with fingertips similar to green laser pointers.

S T R E N G T H S
◇ Can control large hordes of enemies.
◇ Can easily protect people.

W E A K N E S S E S
◇ Hard to focus when attacked from multiple locations.
◇ Hard to act in small spaces.