U.A FILE #49 - Phantom

"Under my teaching, I'll make heroes out of you, real heroes!"

GENERAL

Name: Jinrai Jinnai (神雷 陣内)
Alias: Phantom (ファントム | Fantomu)
Nicknames: None
Age: 41
DOB: 11/02
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Blood Type: O
Height: 2m01
Weight: 108 kg
Hair: None
Eyes: Red
Special physical features: His skin made of green scales inherited from his mother

Gender: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Marital Status: Single - Widowed
Occupation: Pro Hero and Teacher at U.A
Place of Birth: Minamisōma, Fukushima
Ethnicity: Japanese

Department: Heroes
Year: First year
U.A Occupation: Mathematics
Pro Hero License: Yes

PERSONALITY

"I kinda miss my hair..."

Q U A L I T Y | F L A W

✔ | Steadfast | Determined | Protective | Multitasking | Serious |

✖ | Determined | Demanding | Terrifying | Cold | Too quiet |

L I K E S
◇ Milk chocolate
◇ Cats
◇ Teaching
◇ Physics

D I S L I K E S
◇ Coffee
◇ Dogs
◇ Loneliness
◇ Snow

R E C A P

Jinrai is a very strict and reserved man, which makes him a very effective teacher. In spite of his terrifying and cold appearance, he is a very protective man towards his students whom he considers as his family, hence the fact that he does not hesitate to push them to the limit so that they give the best of themselves.

Despite the appearances, his aversion to the dogs that he finds too noisy, Jinrai hates loneliness and kept a child's soul. That's why he is very fond of chocolate milk and treats his cats like kings. However, he is a teacher who is passionate about his work and mathematical physics.

PERSONAL LIFE

B I O G R A P H Y

Jinrai and his twin brother are the offspring of a renowned mathematician father and a professional hero mother. Kouchi, unlike his brother and parents, was born with a form of albinism that caused his skin to be red. This physical difference led to an imbalance in the family dynamics, with their parents showing a preference for Jinrai. The twin brothers had a strained relationship due to their differing interests and personalities. Jinrai was mentored by his parents while Kouchi devoted himself to the study of biology in hopes of gaining their attention. Tragically, their parents passed away before Kouchi could achieve this goal, leading to his resentment towards Jinrai, who had become a successful professional hero and was married. In a fit of rage, Kouchi murdered Jinrai's wife, resulting in a physical confrontation between the brothers which ended with Kouchi being imprisoned. After this tragedy, Jinrai was adrift until he was offered a teaching position at U.A. High School by the principal. Jinrai ultimately accepted the offer and has taken on the role of a mentor and father figure to his students.

R E L A T I O N S H I P S

Father: Kei Jinnai - Mathematician
Mother: Yuu Jinnai – Pro Hero
Brother(s)/Sister(s): A twin brother - Kouchi Jinnai - Ex-biologist and villain imprisoned
Best friends:
Elemental
Friends: Nocturn, NightClaw
Crush:
Only for his deceased wife - Mirai Jinnai
Rival:
None
Nemesis:
Kouchi Jinnai

QUIRK

"Damn freezing cold, it completely disrupts the density of my body!"

Type: TransformationRange: Close-RangePrimary Role: AttackFighting Style: Melee Combat

Range: Close-Range
Primary Role: Attack
Fighting Style: Melee Combat

Stats:
Power: 3/5 | C
Speed: 4/5 | B
Technique: 5/5 | A
Intelligence: 5/5 | A
Cooperativeness: 2/5 | D
Quirk Control: 6/5 | S

A B I L I T Y | S K I L L S

Name: Density Manipulation

Description: Thanks to his quirk, Phantom is able to change the density of his body at will. He can therefore phase through objects or become so dense that hitting him would be like hitting reinforced concrete.

Drawbacks: Phantom's quirk requires a lot of concentration and as it only works with his body, if he doesn't want to end up naked when he phases, he must wear his pro hero costume made from his scales. Also, if he is exposed to extreme temperatures his quirk goes out of order and puts him in a state close to an epileptic seizure.

Super Moves:

[S4 Ep2] Knocking Dive (ノキング・ダイブ): Phantom jumps from a height from above his opponent, grabs his skull and, phasing through the ground, violently slams the enemy's skull into the ground.

H E R O S U I T | I T E M S
◇ A purple cape with golden shoulder pads.
◇ A black top close to his body marked with a large red cross pattern running from his shoulders to his hips
◇ A red belt surmounting a sort of black leggings
◇ Thin black boots with red soles

S T R E N G T H S
◇ Can be really stealth.
◇ Hard to hit.

W E A K N E S S E S
◇ Hard to focus when attacked from multiple locations.
◇ Weak against fire or ice-based quirks.