HERO FILE #04 - Shockwave

"Always ready for action."

GENERAL

Name: Masayuki Gōriki (優之 剛力)
Alias: The Unstoppable Hero: Shockwave (止まらないヒーロー:ショックウェーブ | Tomaranai Hīrō: Shokkuwēbu)
Nicknames: None
Age: 34
DOB: 10/19
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Blood Type: O
Height: 1m55 (when no shock is absorbed) | 3m10 (when the maximum shock is absorbed)
Weight: 44 kg (when no shock is absorbed) | 390kg (when the maximum shock is absorbed)
Hair: Red
Eyes: Blue | Orange when shocks are absorbed or released
Special physical features: His weight and height vary because of his quirk

Gender: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Marital Status: Single
Occupation: Pro Hero
Place of Birth: Ōkuma, Fukushima
Ethnicity: Japanese

Hero Rank: No. 5
Agency/Office/Team: Thunderbolt Protectors Agency
Place of Operation: Fukushima
Focused Role: Defense and rescue

PERSONALITY

"No need to worry about your future, look at what I looked like in high school. A real scrawny kid. But look at me now. A real tank!"

Q U A L I T Y | F L A W

✔ | Determined | Optimistic | Adaptive | Benevolent | Resilient |

✖ | Inferiority complex | Impulsive | Lack of confidence | Stubborn | Overprotective |

L I K E S
◇ Work out
◇ Pop music
◇ Training others
◇ Go parachuting

D I S L I K E S
◇ Bully
◇ Being inactive
◇ Horror movies
◇ Junk food

R E C A P

Masayuki Gōriki exudes a contagious aura of optimism and benevolence. He possesses a remarkable resilience, which makes it difficult for him to admit defeat. However, despite his positive qualities, he is deeply affected by his inferiority complex stemming from his height of 1m55. This insecurity has led to a lack of confidence in himself and has shaped him into a stubborn individual during his formative years. He can also be impulsive and overly protective of those under his charge.

To cope with his inferiority complex, Masayuki turned to bodybuilding as a way to build a robust physique despite his small height. He not only found solace in this physical activity but also enjoys sharing his passion and helping others train. This led him to take up skydiving, a thrilling activity that brings him great joy. Despite his tough exterior, he still has a sensitive side and certain pop music has the power to move him emotionally, just as horror movies do, albeit in a scary different way.

PERSONAL LIFE

B I O G R A P H Y

Masayuki, born to Pro Hero parents, always had an intense passion for heroism. However, he faced an inner struggle as his size did not match the physical expectations that came with being a hero, causing him to feel inferior. His parents' constant criticism added to his insecurity, but Masayuki was determined to succeed. He worked tirelessly on his physique and quirk until he secured a spot in the highly esteemed Ketsubutsu High School, where he excelled and graduated as the top student. Although Masayuki's parents offered him a place in their hero agency, he declined, opting to join an agency that shared his beliefs of benevolence and cooperation among its members. He found his calling in a rescue and protection-focused agency, dedicating himself to his values and ultimately earning the admiration of his parents. Upon his parents' retirement, Masayuki founded his own hero agency in his hometown and quickly rose through the ranks, earning a place on the highly coveted Hero Billboard Chart JP. He gained his parents' respect by remaining true to his beliefs and focusing on what he felt was important: helping and protecting others. His gentle personality, combined with his powerful quirk, solidified his place as a top 10 Hero.

R E L A T I O N S H I P S

Father: Takeshi Gōriki
Mother: Eiko Gōriki
Brother(s)/Sister(s): None
Best friends: None
Friends: None
Crush:
None
Rival:
None
Nemesis:
None

QUIRK

"You thought I was small and weak? The truth will shock you!"

Type: MutantRange: Contact and Close to Mid RangePrimary Role: Defense and Counter-AttackFighting Style: Close-Combat

Type: Mutant
Range: Contact and Close to Mid Range
Primary Role: Defense and Counter-Attack
Fighting Style: Close-Combat

Stats:
Power: 5/5 | A
Speed: 3/5 | C
Technique: 4/5 | B
Intelligence: 3/5 | C
Cooperativeness: 6/5 | S
Quirk Control: 5/5 | A

A B I L I T Y | S K I L L S

Name: Shock and Release

Description: Due to his quirk, Shockwave possesses a body that can absorb the shocks he receives, causing his muscular mass and height to increase with each shock absorbed, reaching up to 3m10. He can then release these shocks in the form of shockwaves, either passively from his body or through punches, kicks, thunderclaps, or else. This ability allows him to effectively protect himself and use the absorbed shocks to attack his enemies.

Drawbacks: The quirk of Shockwave presents a number of limitations. Firstly, while it reduces the pain felt, it doesn't completely eliminate it. Additionally, releasing the stored shocks is also painful. Furthermore, Shockwave's absorption capacity is limited, once he has reached his maximum size of 3m10, he can only hold the shocks he has absorbed for 10 minutes before having to release them, or else they will be released all at once. The same applies if he receives too many consecutive shocks once his limit has been reached.

H E R O  S U I T | I T E M S
◇ A red costume with orange accents and reflective stripes featuring the initials of his hero name on his chest.
◇ Metal reinforcements on the shoulders, elbows and knees to increase impact resistance.
◇ A yellow belt with a Thunderbolt logo on the buckle representing the logo of his agency and containing multiple pockets to store first aid equipment.
◇ Special reinforced gloves and boots designed to focus shockwaves during combat, thus increasing the power of his strikes.

S T R E N G T H S
◇ Ability to absorb and release shocks for increased defense and attack power
◇ Increase in size and strength with each shock absorbed.

W E A K N E S S E S
◇ Limited absorption capacity before needing to release stored shocks.
◇ Painful release of stored shocks and potential for injury if not released in a controlled manner.